The online racing simulator
Open Endurance Cup One - Information

The sign-ups for the Open Endurance Cup One have openend. This thread shall give general information.

Calendar:
Test race - Sun 30 Aug 2015 - 2 Hours of Aston North reversed
Round 1 - Sun 13 Sep 2015 - 4 Hours of Westhill National Reversed
Round 2 - Sun 11 Oct 2015 - 4 Hours of Kyoto Grand Prix Long
Round 3 - Sun 8 Nov 2015 - 6 Hours of Aston Historic

Classes:
GTR - red - FXO GTR, FZ50 GTR, XR GTR
NGT - blue - UF GTR, XF GTR
LX6 - white
RFC - green - FZ50, Raceabout
LX4 - black
TBO - yellow - FXO Turbo, RB4 GT, XR GT Turbo

Quote from TFalke55 :Every team can decide where they want to drive which of the cars and you can switch classes without (until the start of qualifying) consequences. There won't be restrictions about spots per class.

The goal is the test of a platform where people can decide on driving the car, they want to drive most.

Teams can choose in which class and car they are participating in until the start of the qualifying session. They have to announce their choice in the corresponding thread.

Balance of Performance:
FZ50 GTR - 20 kg extra ballast
UF GTR - 10 kg extra ballast
FXO Turbo - 6% air restriction
XR GT Turbo - 2% air restriction

Championships:
Open Endurance Cup for Teams - awarded to the team with the most points. To score points to the team’s cup, all drivers must not have completed more than 60% team’s race distance and the car must have completed at least 75% of the (class) winner’s race distance.
Open Endurance Cup for Drivers - awarded to the driver with the most points. To score points to the driver’s cup, a driver must have completed at least 15% of the (class) winner’s race distance, with the car having completed at least 75% of the (class) winner’s race distance.

All classes score into these Cups based on the formula: points=10×(starter-position+0.5)÷starter (see VLN.de)

Sign-ups
To apply for the a spot in the Open Endurance Cup One, please use the LFS.net/leagues system and enter your team name, your desired starting number and the LFSWorld- and Ingame names of your drivers. Your team can consist of two to four drivers.

The complete rulebook is available here.

Skin thread: https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/88281
Attached files
OEC_numberboards.zip - 197.5 KB - 652 views
If you take LX6 out of LRF class,then it's just RF class... Big grin
Quote from Eclipsed :If you take LX6 out of LRF class,then it's just RF class... Big grin

Shrug ok, changed...
Cool league but the last two tracks have been done to death already :/
#5 - troy
I might sound grumpy here, but what exactly was your goal when creating this?

I don't really get it, if we would have 60+ grid spots, ok. But we got 40 (right?) at max right now, thats 6 spots per class at best. Less popular classes might have less sign ups more popular more, are you going to restrict spots per class? Even if you do and you get 6 teams per class, you are bound to get no racing at all in the end?

As I said, I might be missing something here but I don't see your reasoning behind this atm.
I have to agree with Troy, there seem to be way too many classes. Choosing two or (at most) three classes per round might have been better. That said, if you can generate enough interest there's still potential for good inter-class battles.
Every team can decide where they want to drive which of the cars and you can switch classes without (until the start of qualifying) consequences. There won't be restrictions about spots per class.

The goal is the test of a platform where people can decide on driving the car, they want to drive most.
Quote from TFalke55 :Every team can decide where they want to drive which of the cars and you can switch classes without (until the start of qualifying) consequences. There won't be restrictions about spots per class.

And do you mean start of qualifying per round, as in they can choose any car for any round, or are they stuck with the car for the entire season? I think that would be a clarification that would make a difference in this discussion.

@others: I think this is somewhat a replication of VLN-type racing. More grid slots would be better, of course
Well every league/event always has discussions about what cars should be used.
I think maybe this is not so bad idea, people can drive in the class which they liked most.

To me personally the points system is not so much iniative, for example if I want to drive Lx4 but there is already 5 Lx6 teams then I might drive Lx6 too. Bad strategy for points but maybe more fun.
But effectively the ones who actually do drive decide the cars, instead of other polls where there might be little overlap between drivers and voters Wink
You can drive any car any round. You are not forced to cling to a car once you raced it.
Anything that is called endurance league sounds sexy for me. That can remind some ppl old good times of DoP.
#12 - troy

Thanks for the explenation, this should've been in the first post! Now I can make sense of it. The idea is certainly an interesting one, guess time will tell if it actually works as intended.
Added it to the opening post now.
Needs more classes.
Gti pls
I'm looking for a team for this competition. It has been a while since I last time raced in LFS but I'm trying to clear all the races probably in XXR (or GT2 class if available).
Server set to Test Race combo
Hmm
team where are u? whatever car
Anyone looking to be doing the league in the GTR or NGT class?

We are looking to enter 2 cars, would this be possible?
#21 - n3ox
I'am looking for a team mate, who wants to drive the LX4 with me Smile
#23 - CB-1
No download template for the skins?
Quote from CB-1 :No download template for the skins?

It will be uploaded later today.
#25 - CB-1

Open Endurance Cup One - Information
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG