The online racing simulator
FBM BL1, some help on controls/setup.
Right, I posted some time ago about some speed issues I was having with FBM Blackwood. Thank you to all who contributed but I have some follow ups now.

I have improved my laptimes don't to 1.14's now but cannot go any quicker. The issue is set up and the fact I can't feel the car. For your information I'm using Keyboard & Mouse.

The setup I've been using is BL1_Smooth_race, available online. This is obviously quicker than the standard game FBM setup and it's nice and predictable, but if you start pushing/attacking then it's no good. I can upload a lap here if people want to see but I absolutely cannot get under the mid 1:14's with it. I can occasionally do a banzai lap and the best has been 1:14.34 or something, but not consistently. The setup tends to understeer a lot and is one of those ones where once you begin to push the front it just won't go into corners and you always have to turn in early with it, earlier than I'd like. if you try and turn in late to take a sweeping line it just understeers right off the track. The final turn I have to take a gear lower than others, and if I go wide to take the usual racing line, it just goes straight on! I'm probably losing a second on that corner alone, and notice others are using hardly any lock compared to me.

So, other racers have kindly given me their setups, these are drivers lapping in the 1:12/1:13 bracket at least (and some 1:11 I believe). However I can't even properly try these setups as they are way too 'yaw sensitive'. By that I mean that the car spins with little warning even when you are just on a sighting lap, it's like the mouse it too sensitive but also under acceleration out of a corner the back lights up and is wanting to spin, though this is probably a function of the steering being too sensitive.

I have set the button control rate down which works well for the smooth race setup but doesnt seem to help with the others, is my first step to try and adjust the mouse/steering sensitivity? I really want to start getting into the 12's and 13's and have realised that I need to adjust to the faster setups rather then trying to go faster with the setup I have which is at its limit.

Thanks in advance.
Practise ,practise and only practise
You dont have experience for fast times
earlier brake is better
quickly get in turn slowly you'll come out
slower input, a faster exit in turns
Thanks, Will keep at it then!

I want more grip but will work that out at some point

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG