The online racing simulator
on line probs
(12 posts, started )
on line probs
Hi i have returned to LFS after quite a few years.

My problem is everything works fine off line.

When I connect to a server i can usually go into the pit can sometimes spectate for about 20 seconds and have started 1 race. I then lose sight of the other cars ( i only see a name and some timing numbers in green) then I lose connection to the server. Similar when spectating.

It sounds like lag but I have a good internet connection 30ish ping and 20-30 MB download -7 MB upload.

Any ideas welcom
-
(Racer X NZ) DELETED by Scawen : spam
I had a similar problem my own computer. Connection vdsl 100\50M

Answer caused by windows update, and specific KB3022345 KB3068708 updates.
Uninstall those 2 updates

You can test own computer driving admin rights>cmd.exe SFC /scannow

Sfc without uninstall those two updates says cant fix computer..

You can google that update problem.

My computer works now as fresh install. i hoped that help you
Ok thanks for the replies

Heres the spec:

Win 7 enterprise
i7
16 gb ram
AMD HD8490 graphics

I have turned down graphics etc etc.

Nothing else connected to internet in house.

I noticed that when i first connect to a sever FPS is around 65 then when the cars vanish and the green seconds take their place the fps goes to about 100

All other games play ok
Installed LFS on an old laptop.....worked fine (low FPS on low settings but to be excpected as its a AMD sempron with 2GB ram)

This more or less rules out the internet connection. Money not well spent....may consider asking for a refund as it is all but useless for what I bought it for....online racing.
Have you tried restarting the router, and restarting your computer? Sorry about the obvious suggestion but some people never turn off their computer and have been known not to try a restart!

Vanishing cars can sometimes be cured by clicking the "UDP" button in the connections list. That is visible in the game setup screen or when you click N while in game. That will change to "TCP" and you will be receiving car position updates by TCP instead of UDP. However, that doesn't really sound as if it would solve your problem, because you are also getting disconnected from the server. So it sounds like you are losing all packets, not only UDP...

Quite strange as LFS is really reliable with its connections. Are you using any software firewall that can be switched off, for a test? If so, please try it, and do try restarting the PC and the router / modem if you have not yet. Also, if you are using a wireless connection, can you try connecting directly with a network cable?
Quote from Scawen :Have you tried restarting the router, and restarting your computer? Sorry about the obvious suggestion but some people never turn off their computer and have been known not to try a restart!

Vanishing cars can sometimes be cured by clicking the "UDP" button in the connections list. That is visible in the game setup screen or when you click N while in game. That will change to "TCP" and you will be receiving car position updates by TCP instead of UDP. However, that doesn't really sound as if it would solve your problem, because you are also getting disconnected from the server. So it sounds like you are losing all packets, not only UDP...

Quite strange as LFS is really reliable with its connections. Are you using any software firewall that can be switched off, for a test? If so, please try it, and do try restarting the PC and the router / modem if you have not yet. Also, if you are using a wireless connection, can you try connecting directly with a network cable?

Ok....thanks for the input.

I have tried all of the above and even set up port forwarding ....................still the same unfortunately
First change DNS servers to google public dns.
Test your connection quality pingtest, speedtest and http://test-ipv6.com/

Windows enterprice contains too much non useable servives ext. Use msconfig to disable unimportant services. Or install lighter windows version.
Waaaaaayyyy
It appears to be solved
My 5GHZ ac usb wifi stick was causing the probs. I reset it to 2.4 then it lagged...prob because it was about 34MB/S. So I put my old 600n and get about 130MB/s to my Router witha static IP.
Why it effects the LAN is beyond me.....but a bit of research about BT home hub 5 shows a multitude of sins.

Thanks for all of the replies and effort....much appreciated.
hello guys i am experiencing a problem that the opponents are not able to see me please help me
Quote from phoenix123 :hello guys i am experiencing a problem that the opponents are not able to see me please help me

It can happen if you use a software to monitor traffic.
For example "Networx" appearently does that sometimes(?)
Turn off all such software.
I have switched off my firewall but that also does not work first i was not able to see the opponents i contacted with lfs they told me to request TCP for position updates i did it but then opponents were not able to see me

on line probs
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG