The online racing simulator
My Little Wishlist
(9 posts, started )
My Little Wishlist
Hi, here are some little ideas/dreams I had in my mind over many years. I think they are pretty easy to implement, and will increase impression of LFS Smile
  • Doppler effect for horn and tyre squeak [✔ thx]
  • Some kind of blur or another texture for spinning wheels
  • More mid/high range smooth potholes, asymmetrical waves, ruts on some roadish tracks, to give suspension some work and to thrown off car balance
  • Tugging ignition cut-off
  • Kick forward, instead of kick backward when up-shifting sequential gearboxes
  • More aggressive and within lower revs turbo kick-in
  • Power steering simulation in some cars - the spring effect is killing me
  • Less influence of wind from back in cars with wings - I think wings doesn't do same aero job when reversed
Enjoy my magnum opus up there, greetings! Wink

EDIT: added things from posts #7, #8.
  • Various number plate types to choose, not only UK type. For ex. EU, US or another countries where LFS is popular.
  • Several, like 3 or 4 optional tyre dimensions (xxx/yy R_zz), within same overall wheel size - for personal taste in race/rallycross/rally/rain...? Smile
  • Proper trailing arm movement.
  • Thinner layer of the tread on slick tyres. It will prevent overheating R1's, make R3/4 easier to heat up, reduce the number of laps that can be driven, make wheels lighter(?). Right now you can push on 110% only in the end of tyres' life.
    However this concerns current LFS version 0.6J.
  • Intake Restriction - as Tristan Cliffe said long time ago, it should keep low/mid revs all torquey and weaken power at higher revs.
  • #9 Rally barrier tape as layout object
i'd love to see Scawen's wishlist Smile

+1 for your interesting list

my addition would be plasticity in the drivetrain
Not sure if I understood correctly but I think some of that exists or is matter of settings.
Doppler effect is already there, think for horns too. (pitch seems to change when quickly move camera around honking car)
Shifting controlls can be set in options menu and "spring effect" sounds like the "center spring" option that some wheel-profiler software have? (uncheck to disable?)
#4 - nacim
Gutholz, can confirm, horn and tyre sounds dosen't have doppler effect.
CarlLefrancois, personally, I'd love to see the famous "Scawen's to-do list".
ah, I was bit hard to tell with the volume changes.
Maybe it is only on engine sounds then.
In profiler I have all artificial effects at 0%, 102% FF power. In LFS 20-40% depending on car. FF in LFS is really good, in simulating heavy GTRs without power steering Wink
Here are 3 another whishes, and one is canceled in first post.
  • Various number plate types to choose, not only UK type. For ex. EU, US or another countries where LFS is popular.
  • Several, like 3 or 4 optional tyre dimensions (xxx/yyRzz), within same overall wheel size - for personal taste in race/rallycross/rally/rain...? Smile
  • Proper trailing arm movement.
Two more. Also updated first post with suggestions from previous post and this one.
  • Thinner layer of the tread on slick tyres. It will prevent overheating R1's, make R3/4 easier to heat up, reduce the number of laps that can be driven, make wheels lighter(?).
    Right now you can push on 110% only in the end of tyres' life. However this concerns current LFS version 0.6J.
  • Intake Restriction - as Tristan Cliffe said long time ago, it should keep low/mid revs all torquey and weaken power at higher revs.
Feel free to add your easy to implement wishes here. Ciao.
  • Rally barrier tape as layout object

My Little Wishlist
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG