The online racing simulator
Intel Dedicated Memory Reporting
(3 posts, started )
Posting this just in case it influences LFS somehow. There are more technical details and recommendations from Intel in the document.
Quote :The graphics driver now reports some amount of fictitious “dedicated” graphics memory to the
operating system (128MB by default) to work around applications issues in a number of games.
These games incorrectly look for some amount of “dedicated” graphics memory because they
weren’t coded with the unified memory architecture for processor graphics.

http://downloadmirror.intel.co ... ated_Memory_Reporting.pdf

I am using the Intel HD Graphics 4600 and i have no issues running LFS and I hope not to have issues after updating to this new driver.
;(
Well, hopefully it wasn't the post above that got you banned, after looking at your history, it must have been AWESOMELY good Smile

Yeah, for the benefit of our newer members, LFS has very low requirements when it comes to graphics and graphics cards requirements, LFS is processor based, but ONLY single core, there is no multi core support.

Simply put, a pentium 4 3.0+ is fine for LFS, IF it's just dedicated to the game. So, use that to build a game only rig with a 1/4 way decent video card, chair, wheel, fluffy dice, then your sorted.

If you play ANY later racing game, then a Core 2+ (Core 2 quad) is fine for racing games. I'm running a 3.2 Xeon on a 775 board with a GTX560. Works fine for all racing (actually, works fine for Witcher 3, plus, etc,) games.
I'm about to upgrade to a GTX970, (Sold a child ! Smile), this setup will work with nearly all current games. Yes, an O/C i5/i7 will be faster, but not by a great deal in the real world ........

Very few games push the processor, LFS only wants decent single core action. POSSIBLY, it may be updated to multicore, sometime, maybe, perhaps........

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG