The online racing simulator
Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
Some progress on the car. All the bushes in the rear axle have been replaced by better ones. The subframe mounting points have been reinforced. Engine is back together and in the car. Now fitting everything!

On my way from Italy to Sweden

I'll buy it to get rid of the watermark
Thanks mate, so is yours Wink
So my first post back here in a long time haha, this is my little rat of a car. It serves me well, does 1100km to a tank of diesel and costs nothing to repair :,)
Attached images
1939927_360485317423326_327884458_n.jpg
Don't think I've ever posted my current car before, so here it is.

Looked like this when I picked it up late '13, 44,000 km, 1.2i, bought it off an 89 y/o man who retired from driving, so it's generally in good shape but has many small cosmetic issues:

Already lowered it earlier last year and had to make a bit of room for the summmer wheels in the rear. Detected minor rust inside the guards and it needed some paint on the left outside guard too. Didn't finish the job then, but over the last couple of weeks I finally got around to take care of the rear wheel arches properly. Also gave the car a half-assed polish and wax (38°C...) before camping last weekend. Washed it down again yesterday and felt like it's a good time to take some shots before the damn thing is covered in Sahara sand, birch pollen and marten poo again...

My brother lenin out the window

45 hp, do I look like I can afford proper stance?!

Yup, looks decent from a distance, also mad PS skills

Unfortunately this is pretty much as low as it goes for a daily car and the kind of roads we have around here. Schwitz
Attached images
DSCF0615.JPG
DSCF0973.jpg
DSCF0981.jpg
DSCF0984.jpg
Quote from 5tag :Looked like this when I picked it up late '13, 44,000 km, 1.2i, bought it off an 89 y/o man who retired from driving, so it's generally in good shape but has many small cosmetic issues:

44000? It's brand new Big grin

Quote from 5tag :
45 hp, do I look like I can afford proper stance?!

Wanna race? We fit in the same category.

Attached images
20140418_113514.jpg
I've always wanted a Mercedes W124 3.0 Turbo Diesel with manual transmision, but Mercedes never sold them in such configuration. So last year I bought a W124 with 3.0 naturally aspirated diesel and 5-speed manual - only 500000 km on the clock. It was kinda nice, but one thing was clearly missing - turbo.

So 2 months ago I bought the OM603.960 turbo engine (326000km) and last week I put it in the car.

NA engine out:

After half a milion km the clutch and dual-mass are still in fine condition:

Custom made oil cooler mounts:

Engine in the bay:

Super safe 1cm clearance between air filter and fan:

First start:

Exhaust sound without mufflers:

Sounds ridiculous while driving, but makes my ear hurt after driving with windown down for a while Rofl
Some driving - still no mufflers, straight pipe ends under the cabin. Video doesn't represent how loud it really is.

Little video from my last trackday:

/flamesuit on

Bought myself a 2004 Clio 1.5 dci (it had those taillights when I bought it)

I also have a question regarding its tailigjhts wiring. The first owner first put dimmed taillights on it, and then he had connected the fog lights to turn on with the brake lights. Now the cars taillights turn on in some weird combinations. For example, if I have my headlights on, turn on a blinker and press brake, the fog light also turn on with the blinker and soon the fog light and my blinker start blinking faster as if my blinker doesn't work. Also the fog light now works with blinkers instead of brake lights. My question is where do you reconnect these wires to get fog lights to work with other lights and such, since I would like to get those back to factory setting. My father is an electrician capable of reconnecting those, we just have no idea where to search for these connections.
Attached images
11992611_10206026375390803_935250458_n.jpg
11998424_10206026375150797_2104127716_n.jpg
I'm looking to get my first own car soon. I've got my eyes on a Volkswagen Polo 1.4 (9N3 model) from late 2005 for under €4000. What do you guys think about that? My brother owned the model before that, and I always thought it was a fun little car. It has a little over 130.000 KM on it and a tiny dent on the rear panel, but looks mint otherwise. It has electric windows and mirrors, a proper air condition system and a nice interior (seats adjustable in height) and a few nice extras.

I'm basically looking for a reliable fun little car that will last for at least a year or four that's cheap to run. Any suggestions or should I go for this? I've got a visit planned on Saturday to have a look.
Quote from Amynue :I've always wanted a Mercedes W124 3.0 Turbo Diesel with manual transmision

Super safe 1cm clearance between air filter and fan:

yeah until your fan clutch goes or the engine mounts start to fail Big grin
My RBs13
Bought this baby couple of month ago.
-90's 200sx s13 with an RB25det.

Looked like this when I bought it:

Engine swap, 300zx front brakes, stripped, lexan rear windows, welded diff, homemade steerlock kit w/ modiefied control arms and alu subframe bushings was installed by the prev owner.
Engine is pretty much stock. ARP Bolts, Cometic gasget and an modified Mine's ECU.
Haven't had it on a Dyno yet but its estimated to around 300-350hp.

Currently in the process of building it my style tho imo it looked like shit when I bought it. (only bought it becouse the engine swap pretty much)

The first thing I Installed was some new fenders, +20mm front and +50mm in the rear, then full japspeed suspension arms and Driftworks Geomasters hubs in the rear, and driftworks CS2 coilovers all around.
Bought a set of Weds Kränze Bazeria and a set of Works VsKF.
Just got my new D-max hood and roofwing and installed it yesterday. (Y)

This is how my baby sits as we speak:

HQ: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/576/21393607685_5523d58647_o.jpg

HQ: https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5796/21401971961_bb0e13ffae_o.jpg

HQ: https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5645/21393608115_bef22f4acc_o.jpg

HQ: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/692/21393606675_8b8c65d9da_o.jpg

HQ: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/591/20773114623_ce16cae505_o.jpg

Still alot to do on it. But Im having fun both on it and in it. ^^
An fast little vid I took before I started rebuilding it. Smile
(Volume warning maybe)
http://scontent-ams3-1.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfa1/t50.2886-16/11718122_1441465879494762_1558579680_n.mp4
Looks very fun. I really miss my S13...
Took my R32 Skyline out drifting again yesterday, car still gets a little hot but other then that it had no other issues, fixed a bunch of steering issues and leaks from the last time, felt like I improved heaps and really got the feint entries down and didn't rely on the handbrake as much, flicking into the tighter corners with only the foot brake feels so much better, have to go through like 2 hours of footage and sync it with audio but for now here are some videos from the side of the track.

First run of the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd-f6J76I7k

Drifting one of the competition layouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiruVk_ofv4
Looking good, getting some close action with Stewy soon? Big grin

Doing a few events with mine now and getting the small errors out of it.
It's also mapped at 465BHP and 558Nm

Quote from R3DMAN :snip

Still the sexiest thing in this thread. Form follows function, everything's neatly done and clean. I envy you Brits for what kind of mods you can have street legal. What happened to the seat belts on the driver side?
some new things
Attached images
Carbonedupsm.jpg
Quote from 5tag :
Quote from R3DMAN :snip

Still the sexiest thing in this thread. Form follows function, everything's neatly done and clean. I envy you Brits for what kind of mods you can have street legal. What happened to the seat belts on the driver side?

cheers Smile

they are behind the seat, you can see them through the holes
Quote from Scrabby :Looking good, getting some close action with Stewy soon? Big grin

Did some runs with his dad who also has a smashed up R32 :P

Also flames!

Haha, didn't knew his dad was drifting too, that's amazing Big grin
Quote from e2mustang :some new things

Never understood the appeal of those.

Quote from R3DMAN :they are behind the seat, you can see them through the holes

Aren't they 4-point harnesses? How can they go through those holes and why are they back there?

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG