The online racing simulator
Is this the Logitech G29?
(31 posts, started )
Just found this picture:

Surprise surprise, I thought Logitech have stopped making wheels but here we are. Apparently the G29 Driving Force:

On the face of it, it just looks like a G27 wheel with some DF GT buttons and some extra buttons. People are also saying that it will offer support to both PS3 and PS4 and I would think that PC will also be supported but I've not found any confirmation regarding that. A shifter box can be seen in the background of the first picture.

I haven't found much details regarding its functionality and some people are actually doubting that it's real, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I don't see anything that says "Logitech". Might be some other ???itech I believe. Even logo shows "G" instead of Logitech's logo.

I found something that some hardware does not work on PS4 because it misses a "security chip" or something? Appearently Logitech's wheels too, so might make sense* to release new model.

(*as much sense as such restrictions make)
Attached images
bla.png
#7 - lfsrm
look like an advanced refresh with the same FFB base and compatibility with modern consoles.

but if they improved the shifter and pedals with the same price range that will be great.

EDIT : the box under the desk :

looks the same pedals from the G27.
Well that looks disgusting. Fine for console guys I guess. Looks like the rim diameter is still toy spec small, so I guess they aren't planning stronger FFB motors.

I would like to see more competition on the higher level wheels to possibly make them a little more affordable.
Quote from Eclipsed :I don't see anything that says "Logitech". Might be some other ???itech I believe. Even logo shows "G" instead of Logitech's logo.

The "G" is Logitech's gaming brand. Hence the G5, G7, G15, G25, G27, G35 and other logitech gaming peripherals.

Quote from Gutholz :

I found something that some hardware does not work on PS4 because it misses a "security chip" or something? Appearently Logitech's wheels too, so might make sense* to release new model.

(*as much sense as such restrictions make)

I doubt that Sony would have made such a retarded step backwards. Xbox has always required special security chips, hence Fanatec putting out special "Xbox 360" and "Xbox One" wheels. The PS2 and PS3 all supported any old hardware (provided the game developer built support for it), seems unlikely that the PS4 would change this (as Sony does tend to have a more "open" platform in terms of hardware).

If I had to fathom a guess, it's Polyphony nearing release on a PS4 version of GT, as this wheel follows the button design of the Driving Force GT, vs the G27
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The "G" is Logitech's gaming brand.

Yes,but my guess was based on fact that I have never seen this kind of logo before.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I doubt that Sony would have made such a retarded step backwards.

Well,they did completely break up compatibility with older Playstation games for the PS4,didn't they?
Quote from Eclipsed :
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The "G" is Logitech's gaming brand.

Yes,but my guess was based on fact that I have never seen this kind of logo before.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I doubt that Sony would have made such a retarded step backwards.

Well,they did completely break up compatibility with older Playstation games for the PS4,didn't they?

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-ca Literally a 5 second Google search (or common knowledge unless you've been living under a rock).

And backwards compatibility with games is a stupid argument. It's not even technologically feasable to emulate the PS3 on a PS4 (or a 360 on Xboner One). The hardware architectures are so dramatically different (PPC vs x86, extremely custom multi-core environment vs fairly standard PC multicore architecture) that emulating a PS3 on a PS4 would require a PS4 that was orders of magnitude more powerful than the PS4 is, making it prohibitively expensive, and as such, nobody would buy it and everyone would still own a PS3 making the inclusion of backwards compatibility redundant.

Modern PCs still cannot emulate a SNES to 100% accuracy. What hope does a PS4 have of emulating a PS3?
Yeah,that logo is really one to one with the on one wheel. I guess I'm going back under rock then. At least there a neanderthaler like me doesn't have to worry about some cpu architectures about I care less than what last name has the Carlos who sits in Mexican parlament in 3rd row left side.

PS. Both my stone age laptop and android phone does quite good job emulating NES,SNES,Sega Megadrive and PS1,but then again - I'm just a stone age primate,who doesn't care if 5 pixels are shown wrong or the game runs with 10% higher speed then on the original console.
It's **** ugly.
-
(Racer X NZ) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by Flame CZE : off-topic
-
(zeugnimod) DELETED by Flame CZE : reply to off-topic
-
(Bose321) DELETED by Flame CZE : reply to off-topic
Sounds really great - if you have PC and PS4,you'll screwed to buy 2 sets if you want to use on both platforms...
No. Most of the articles have misinformation and are claiming the PS3/PS4 version doesn't work on PC. matagyula found on the Logitech site IIRC that says both versions work on PC.

That said, Ars Technica was what many people used as their first source for information, but they're certifiably retarded when it comes to their writing and editorial staff. You should never trust ANY of their writing.
So it's exactly the same on the inside as the G25 and G27 (?), looks like a toy, comes in two versions for multiple platforms, costs a shitload of money, and requires the same shifter to be purchased that was previously with the wheel?

Sounds like a great deal, what's the catch?
I wanna know what happens if someone like me, who still has about 2,5 years warranty on the G27, has some issues with it and wants to get it replaced.

Will they send an G920 or G29 as a replacement? Big grin
:kappa:
Quote from Timo1992 :I wanna know what happens if someone like me, who still has about 2,5 years warranty on the G27, has some issues with it and wants to get it replaced.

Will they send an G920 or G29 as a replacement? Big grin

They'll send you a G27, because the G27 is still being sold :P
$400 USD. I really don't see anyone buying it unless the belt driven FFB can compete with the Club Sport.
Quote from Bmxtwins :$400 USD. I really don't see anyone buying it unless the belt driven FFB can compete with the Club Sport.

I'd rather give up simracing altogether than recommend someone buy a Fanashit wheel.
You rather recommend people to buy a Logicrap wheel?
Quote from Eclipsed :
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I'd rather give up simracing altogether...

Haven't you already?

The fact that I still have LFS and AC installed, with my wheel available to be used within 30 seconds notice... Not yet.

(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG