The online racing simulator
Disable or change the welcome message
How can i disable or change the welcome message??
Find the lfslapper.lpr file, open with Notepad, or similar, and search for
Event OnConnect( $userName ) # Player event

To disable: You can either delete the things between Event/EndEvent, or put hash (#) in front of each line for lapper to ignore these lines.

To change: The buttons refer to 'main_welc1', 'main_welc2', etc. Look in the Language sections (English is in Lang "EN", French in Lang "FR", etc) for these names and change wording to suit.

You could even change the wording from English to Portuguese if you want Smile
Quote from sinanju :Find the lfslapper.lpr file, open with Notepad, or similar, and search for
Event OnConnect( $userName ) # Player event

To disable: You can either delete the things between Event/EndEvent, or put hash (#) in front of each line for lapper to ignore these lines.

To change: The buttons refer to 'main_welc1', 'main_welc2', etc. Look in the Language sections (English is in Lang "EN", French in Lang "FR", etc) for these names and change wording to suit.

You could even change the wording from English to Portuguese if you want Smile

Sweet, thanks.. and do you know how can i add a whisper message that appears minute per minute? i saw your video too with the drag system lights, tried it but the lights dont show up.. im really looking for one
Drag system - you have to type !drag to enable.

Whisper messages - to do with RegisterScheduleAction events in the lfslapper.lpr file.

So long since I used this, I forget about how the timing works, but you have to set time for a sub to appear, e.g.

RegisterScheduleAction( "0 1 * * * * *", SA_timetest );

Sub SA_timetest
openGlobalButton( "timetest",25,40,150,10,10,8,32,"^1This is a Whisper test message%nl%^1Hopefully it worked!" );
globalRcm("^7This is a test of a Whisper message");
EndSub

I can't remember if "0 1 * * * * *" means every minute, or 1 minute past midnight every Sunday - you may have to play around with it.

I've specified, in the test, for 2 messages to appear - globally, as you want everyone to see them? First in a button in the high up vertically, middle of screen horizontally, with red coloured text, 2nd a global message in middle of screen (will look like a button) with white coloured text. Wording displayed will also tell you which is which. You likely only want one, but you can decide if you want button or broadcast message. Button you can place in a location of your choice, whereas message always appears in middle of screen (and can only be certain number of characters in message). You can play around with private and global buttons, private and global messages, and button/text colours as you want.

In the openGlobalButton line, the 8 in the line of numbers refers to the amount of seconds the message appears. Change to suit. If it was -1, it would mean the message never clears - unless you have another sub to close it.
-
(MemoPedra) DELETED by MemoPedra : forgot to quote
Quote from sinanju :Drag system - you have to type !drag to enable.

Whisper messages - to do with RegisterScheduleAction events in the lfslapper.lpr file.

So long since I used this, I forget about how the timing works, but you have to set time for a sub to appear, e.g.

RegisterScheduleAction( "0 1 * * * * *", SA_timetest );

Sub SA_timetest
openGlobalButton( "timetest",25,40,150,10,10,8,32,"^1This is a Whisper test message%nl%^1Hopefully it worked!" );
globalRcm("^7This is a test of a Whisper message");
EndSub

I can't remember if "0 1 * * * * *" means every minute, or 1 minute past midnight every Sunday - you may have to play around with it.

I've specified, in the test, for 2 messages to appear - globally, as you want everyone to see them? First in a button in the high up vertically, middle of screen horizontally, with red coloured text, 2nd a global message in middle of screen (will look like a button) with white coloured text. Wording displayed will also tell you which is which. You likely only want one, but you can decide if you want button or broadcast message. Button you can place in a location of your choice, whereas message always appears in middle of screen (and can only be certain number of characters in message). You can play around with private and global buttons, private and global messages, and button/text colours as you want.

In the openGlobalButton line, the 8 in the line of numbers refers to the amount of seconds the message appears. Change to suit. If it was -1, it would mean the message never clears - unless you have another sub to close it.

Thanks for your reply.
I dont want want in a button or a command, i just want a message for advertising to appear on the chat(not in the middle of the screen) with a time.. its like the message that appears when LFSLapper opens: There are currently ... servers powered by ... but i want it to show minute by minute, preferably 1 or 2.. i tried that button though but didnt worked..

Oh and as i see the code is for the message type that i want is privMsg( "^7Actually, there are ^317^7 LFSLapper powered servers");

So i just need that privMsg code with a timing set.
A privMsg (message) and a GlobalRCM (Race Control Message) are two kinds of buttons without coloured backgrounds. You can do same with private and global buttons. Just make the number after the timer number a zero.

The values that can be used for this part of the button format, are;

0 - transparent button
16 - light button
32 - dark button
64 - transparent button with text aligned left
128 - transparent button with text aligned right

If you want to make a light colored button with text aligned to the left, combine the codes to one new code, for example 16+64 = 80

In my example, I used 32 (to put the text on a dark button).

Also, you need to discover difference between a Msg and a RCM. A Msg displays exactly same as if you were chatting to someone on a server (ie top left corner), whereas a RCM displays in large letters in middle of screen.

To quickly see difference in action, type the following in LFS;

/msg this is the first test

then try;

/rcm_all this is the second test

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG