The online racing simulator

Poll : Do you like the idea of really short and quick challenges in lfs?

yes, i like to have some quick challenges.
no, traditional racing formats suit my needs.
Westhill - Uphill Challenge - A new idea for very short racing action!
Hello fellow racers,

in lfs we have all sorts of races, from hot laps to endurance series, but no really short and easy single player challenges suitable for people that have fun to quickly jump into a car and start racing. you always need some other players and then even a short race on a small circuit takes a quarter of an hour or even longer.

so what can we do for very quick racing action for people that just have a few minutes to do some kind of racing on their own, but still want to compete?

here i present: THE WESTHILL - UPHILL CHALLENGE:

the goal is fairly simple - get to the top of that hill as fast as possible and then break early enough to come to a complete halt under the roof of the medical center.

doesn´t seem that hard, is it? just try and you see that there is indeed a challenge here. first there are some „easy“ corners, but to take maximum momentum thru them is not that easy as you can not touch any of the cones or haybales.
the uphill part is long enough to get to the top speed in almost every car and then there is a blind braking spot followed by some bumps on the last meters.

my idea is to make some sort of ranking system that gets its information from the uploaded spr. this should be done automatically and only needs three pieces of info from the spr: the name of the racer, the time and the car used.
so ultimately it is a car dependand ranking system, because it makes not that much sense to put all cars into one ranking as the stronger cars will dominate otherwise.

so it is better to simply display a ranking for each individual car. that way racers can compare how fast they are and improve their own time in comparison.

if anybody can help with that automatic ranking system that would be great!

but for now let´s start the offline challenge just by posting your car and time with a screenshot at the finish and attach the spr.

HOW FAST CAN YOU BE?

peace, mo

attached below there are some pictures do describe the challenge - from the start around the roundabout, thru the tunnel and up that hill. then come to a complete halt beneath the roof of the medical center.

and here are my first times in different cars:

UF 1000 - 0.50.47
Rac - 0.40.73
XRR - 0.33.72

and finaly there is the layout for this challenge.
Attached images
1 start.jpg
2 roundabout.jpg
3 up.jpg
4 finish.jpg
rac.jpg
uf1000.jpg
xrr.jpg
uphill.jpg
Attached files
molocco_WE2X_RAC_Im Ziel.spr - 26.4 KB - 104 views
molocco_WE2X_UF1_Im Ziel.spr - 27.6 KB - 100 views
molocco_WE2X_XRR_Im Ziel.spr - 20.4 KB - 104 views
WE2X_uphill_challenge.lyt - 1.7 KB - 143 views
really? noone? even if we have a 6:2 in favour of short challenges on the poll...
why is nobody trying the challenge and show us some times?

i know there are braking challenges that are very alike, but this one is only easy on first glance - just try it - you will see that it seems easy, but it is not that easy to improve once you have laid down one good lap. with that bends at the start and the long way uphill every little slide or misshift will cost valuable time in the end and the blind braking spot and the bumps are not making it easier.

thank you for participating in the poll and i hope somebody will post their times in different cars as well.

peace, mo
#3 - troy
I missed the point. remove this post pls.
Attached files
dovrchu good.spr - 95.4 KB - 90 views

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG