The online racing simulator
WE2X Uphill Challenge - see poll and challenge in main forum!
Hello racers!

Here is a little layout for a simple "uphill challenge":
You start near the roundabout and follow the racing path indicated by the red cones - right around the roundabout, thru the tunnel and then straight up the hill.

the difficulty is in the small bends at the start - here you have to try to be as fast as possible for a good time and also at the finish - here you have to find the breaking point blindly.

the goal is to be as fast as possible up that hill and break early enough to come to a complete halt beneath the roof of the medical center.

now this is where i need your help as my layout is not working like i want it - it should have a start and a finish, the control points are optional as there is not much possible area to cheat and then there should be an "off limits" area right after the roof of the medical center that gives a time penalty if touched to force the racers to come to a halt under the roof.

can anybody have a look at my layout attempt and make it work? maybe there are some things that need to be changed or added to make it work like i described?

thank you, mo

EDIT: Fixed layout added to post below!
Attached images
uphill.jpg
Hi
I can not look at layout now, so not sure what is wrong. But should be easy:
1) Create start point with "S" key.
2) Create finish line with "F" key. Make sure it is rotated right way around. Like this:
---> ]
3) Create at least one split-time checkpoint with keys "1","2","3"
(Also rotated right way around)

The other route-checkers (green circle things) are optional. But if you use them make sure they are numbered in the right order.

Quote :there should be an "off limits" area right after the roof of the medical center that gives a time penalty if touched to force the racers to come to a halt under the roof.

You can put a red-circle thing. Or just place haybales or pylones or any other objects, when touched they give time-penality even if the lap is already completed.
Hello!

@gutholz: thank you! i think i found my mistakes and fixed the layout so it works now.

please everybody have a go and see if it works now as intended.

my first attempt with the raceabout was 41.xx, but there are certainly faster drivers out there...

peace, mo

WE2X Uphill Challenge fixed layout:
Attached files
WE2X_uphill_challenge.lyt - 988 B - 364 views
#4 - Ryoso
Cool concept, but I sort of renovated it. I took the current track, and decided to make it a turnaround type of thing. There's a very tight U-turn at the top of the hill, which you need to turn around there. Once you start going back, you have to pass the start line, and then after that is the finish. Try it out, please. Big grin
Attached files
WE2X_hill_challenge_edit.lyt - 1 KB - 323 views
@ryoso: thank you! i also like your approach and there is a ton of other short tracks that we can use to make short challenges for racers that do not have the time to participate in longer races, but still want to have some fun.

peace, mo
#6 - Ryoso
Thanks. I'm a lot more into the hillclimb and sprint aspect of racing, which requires skill yet doesn't take a long time to do.
yes, that was my main thinking behind building this challenge track. to provide a very short and quick race action for people that like to compete against others or themselves, but do not have the time to join multiplayer races.

sadly nobody has taken part in this uphill challenge i posted in the main forum, yet. but i think that having to make the leaderboards by hand from the spr for now is not that appealing to the masses.
nowaddays this all has to work instantly and automatic and maybe even with push notifications, so they know who is the fastest.
as i don´t know how to make this leaderboards the challenge is not working like i planned.

peace, mo

WE2X Uphill Challenge - see poll and challenge in main forum!
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG