The online racing simulator
Westhill - Maximum Yard V2 ( Longest track ever! 2022 Update! )
Here it is!!! Longer than Nordschleife...

25,6km long track! Maybe we should make a racing event for this?

Layout Author: UnknownMaster21
Layout Name: Maximum Yard V2

Here is the updated 2022 version of Westhill - Maximum Yard! After more than 6 years!

Major changes:

- I tried to reduce all tight chicanes, as much as possible!
- BMW Sauber F1.06 is fully driveable with default setup!
- Technically I ran 8 objects too short, so I had to sacrifice some aesthetics and visuals, but track is fully driveable!
- somewhat 100 meters longer than previous version, thanks to extra corner at Karting section. On other hand, BMW Sauber F1.06 is driveable on that part completely!
- it took 14 hours in total to update the layout
- First checkpoint was moved further after tight left hand turn.
- More route marker objects generally around the track!
- Fresh as it can be!

Enjoy! And please let's have some races on here!

EDIT2: Removed and replaced newer version. 3rd checkpoint's location is also moved 100 meters further.
Attached images
lfs_00000059.jpg
lfs_00000060.jpg
lfs_00000061.jpg
lfs_00000062.jpg
lfs_00000063.jpg
lfs_00000064.jpg
lfs_00000065.jpg
lfs_00000066.jpg
lfs_00000067.jpg
lfs_00000068.jpg
lfs_00000069.jpg
lfs_00000070.jpg
lfs_00000071.jpg
lfs_00000072.jpg
lfs_00000073.jpg
lfs_00000074.jpg
lfs_00000075.jpg
Attached files
WE2X_Maximum Yard V2.lyt - 18.8 KB - 417 views
#2 - jkat
wow, 1 lap already long race, 3 laps mid endu race and 5 laps already longish endu race Razz
Quote from jkat :wow, 1 lap already long race, 3 laps mid endu race and 5 laps already longish endu race Razz

"BECAUSE THE VIRTUAL ALCOHOLIC IS NOT SAME AS REAL ONE MATE!Frown"

Oh yeah, suitable for slow cars, and with good sportmanships Smile
Nice
Omg, the patience any driver would need would be used up in a lap.
When can I try it?! Wink
Right after you buy S2 licence!
#8 - Ryoso
dear goodness... it's... it's beautiful!
#9 - Ryoso
dang it, it doesn't break the world record of 30.28 km of a highway track from gran turismo.
Great track! loved the map also!

Buuuut, it could use more signals, I tried doing a lap with hardtrack XRG, and it took 19mins 57seconds because I didn't saw some turns (almost 10 turns)
Quote from Ryoso :dang it, it doesn't break the world record of 30.28 km of a highway track from gran turismo.

Request/Suggest more than 1800 objects and I will do longer

Quote from Specht77 :Great track! loved the map also!

Buuuut, it could use more signals, I tried doing a lap with hardtrack XRG, and it took 19mins 57seconds because I didn't saw some turns (almost 10 turns)

Same thing, I did ran out of objects: 1800/1800, but I will make somepoint an update for track, making markers more smoothly and trying to find if can take a cone there and there away, to get spare markers to make it out.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

So yeah guys, I am doing an update for this at somepoint because I try to make it even more smoothly ( the track route itself stays on same, but making it more smoothly, Also you get penalty on near pitlane if driving too close of walls, going to make a turn slightly tighter )
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :26,8km long track! Maybe we should make a racing event for this?

Sign me up :P
Quote from mbutcher :
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :26,8km long track! Maybe we should make a racing event for this?

Crazy boyz
Quote from mbutcher :

Excellent!

But have to make a layout smoother in first, in overall, no need to change anything related of driving line, only one corner gets narrower ( near pitlane, because you get penalty if driving too close the building, like I mentioned before )
Quote from Ripley :
Quote from Ryoso :dang it, it doesn't break the world record of 30.28 km of a highway track from gran turismo.

This is the track Ryoso refers to:
http://gran-turismo.wikia.com/wiki/Special_Stage_Route_X

...Speaking of long tracks, what about Targa Florio (72 km) for GPL?
http://www.tuttovola.org/index.php?topic=3091.0

I guess PC games are immediately discounted for whatever reason. I guess it'd need to be from the official game maker.
Also, I've never really played GT. I have Forza.
Also, speaking of Targa Florio, it'd be cool if you were to hold some long race here.
It is now uploaded on server, join with me here, lets race!
Just to be noticed, I am going to edit this layout to make better, pitlane bug and more signs is going to planned to fix/add

EDIT:

Fixed Pit Lane Bug
Added more signs and markers
Some corners have remade
I think we need seriously an event for this track as well, gonna check if any interest will pop-up and have some good time to make a race on here.
-
(k_badam) DELETED by k_badam
Seems awesome! Any chance to get a hotlap video?
I think that's the hardest track I've seen in LFS. Much even longer than Nordschleife, and so much difficult, like the Nordschelife too Big grin
why my car always reseting when it goes to the new track?

Westhill - Maximum Yard V2 ( Longest track ever! 2022 Update! )
(52 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG