The online racing simulator
Paddling
(8 posts, started )
Paddling
Hey folks, long time no talk.

Curious of you guys, anyone do any paddling? I'm looking for some conversation. There's not much out there discussion wise on paddling. I'm finding more discussion on other forums than on the few paddling specific forums I've found.

Been wanting to get into a kayak for some time. Finally had this girl attach herself to the top of my car...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhsye7e8ax90ycs/IMG_20150421_175111.jpg?dl=0

She's not an expensive boat, but picked it up real cheap used. She's 13 foot, kind of an inbetweener of a rec boat and a touring boat. Sealed bulkheads front and rear at less than the price of the garbage pool toy 10 footers they sell at the big box stores around here. Unfortunately water is still way too cold as I don't have cold water gear to wear at the moment. That might come next year.

Anyone else? Those in the UK, I visit Songofthepaddle.com now and then which is a UK based paddling forum. Seems that you guys over there prefer canoes over kayaks. Kayaks are getting more and more popular over here, probably a lot more than canoes on this side.

This month was 20 years at my place of employment. We get a gift every 5 years from a catalog. Previous anniversaries there wasn't much worth even ordering but the catalog seems to have been revamped. For 20 years I snagged a JVC Addixion action cam pretty comparable to GoPro. At my age, I'm not an adrenalin junkie any more, but this will be mounted to the boat. Like my cycling, I'll be more of a get-out-in-nature kind of paddler floating down the calm river and streams and exploring the nooks and crannies of the local lakes on the lookout for bald eagles and such.

Figured we discuss paddling on the bicycle and the RC forum I frequent, may as well strike up a discussion here. Hope to jump back into the photo discussion here with some shots this summer from the water as well.
When I first saw paddling, I thought you meant paddle-boarding which we do here at the beach.

I dont really have much words of help or direction in your scenario but I'm interested to see what people have to say here.
Canoe, kayak, paddle board, rafting, it's all good. It's all the paddling sport.
I can recommend a trip to Scandinavia Wink. People here are kayak fanatics - including me. A couple of quick pics from last trip here. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/37p ... -maFPMbcoNtI-e0TuNOa?dl=0
I cant really elaborate/discuss just now as I'm sitting with a bad connection on a train going thru a tunnel every now and then.
Cheers for now...
We don't have much die hard kayakers here. Most paddling is done for leisure both on the rivers and seas.

Paddle boarding is pretty fun in the sea as its miles easier than surfing but you still can paddle out and catch some surf (pretty small) and have great fun.

Me and a few friends paddled out a good kilometer or so from the coast and sat on the boards and had a beer out there.
No one else?

Water still cold here. Couldn't help myself, itching to try out the boat. Figured I'd skirt around the edge of the water yesterday where it is only about waist deep.

This section is called The Hidden River Canoe Trail. Unfortunately blocked by a downed tree. The park will probably clear it next month when the park is staffed for summer.

Intent was to explore the long fingers that are on the north end of the lake and stay away from the main body. It was very calm though so I rounded the corner towards the swimming beach. After about 2 hours, had to pull up on shore to give the legs a stretch.

Getting out after about 3 hours. Had a blast.

Quote from mrodgers :Hey folks, long time no talk.

Curious of you guys, anyone do any paddling? I'm looking for some conversation. There's not much out there discussion wise on paddling. I'm finding more discussion on other forums than on the few paddling specific forums I've found.

Been wanting to get into a kayak for some time. Finally had this girl attach herself to the top of my car...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhsye7e8ax90ycs/IMG_20150421_175111.jpg?dl=0

She's not an expensive boat, but picked it up real cheap used. She's 13 foot, kind of an inbetweener of a rec boat and a touring boat. Sealed bulkheads front and rear at less than the price of the garbage pool toy 10 footers they sell at the big box stores around here. Unfortunately water is still way too cold as I don't have cold water gear to wear at the moment. That might come next year.

Anyone else? Those in the UK, I visit Songofthepaddle.com now and then which is a UK based paddling forum. Seems that you guys over there prefer canoes over kayaks. Kayaks are getting more and more popular over here, probably a lot more than canoes on this side.

This month was 20 years at my place of employment. We get a gift every 5 years from a catalog. Previous anniversaries there wasn't much worth even ordering but the catalog seems to have been revamped. For 20 years I snagged a JVC Addixion action cam pretty comparable to GoPro. At my age, I'm not an adrenalin junkie any more, but this will be mounted to the boat. Like my cycling, I'll be more of a get-out-in-nature kind of paddler floating down the calm river and streams and exploring the nooks and crannies of the local lakes on the lookout for bald eagles and such.

Figured we discuss paddling on the bicycle and the RC forum I frequent, may as well strike up a discussion here. Hope to jump back into the photo discussion here with some shots this summer from the water as well.

Yes! My wife has all the photos. One of the places we go has alligators. Those animals are so cool.
and alligator gar. Those fish are huge They come up under the bottom of the kayak to rub against it
and it picks the kayak up out of the water!
WE have two 12 footers.... and I just can't think of the name of them. They're sit-in Kayaks. They don't do so great out in the Gulf (of Mexico) but in Bayous and rivers and marinas they work pretty good.

Paddling
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG