Spudster's crash movie.
(22 posts, started )
Spudster's crash movie.
My first big step into the world of movie making .

And of course i had to start with something about destruction of cars

I'm sorry for the bad FOVs and the terrible POVs......I'll fix it in the second one .

SORRY SORRY SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYY for compressing it in a .ace but that turned 983mb into 180mb.

I use WinAce to ace it, so you probably wont get it out with any other program......

Filefront is your friend. Not megaupload or rapidshare so everyone is happy .

A you-tube or Google video can be done by someone with more bandwith than I......so more than 1GB ROFL.......

http://files.filefront.com/LFS ... /;5373613;;/fileinfo.html
a 900 meg movie?!?! thats gotta be some kind of record. You did compress the video with a codec didnt you Will download in half an hour when its my "off peak" time
Quote from sil3ntwar :a 900 meg movie?!?! thats gotta be some kind of record. You did compress the video with a codec didnt you Will download in half an hour when its my "off peak" time

codec? now how the hell would i know how to do that?????????
#4 - Jakg
Quote from Spudster :My first big step into the world of movie making .

And of course i had to start with something about destruction of cars

I'm sorry for the bad FOVs and the terrible POVs......I'll fix it in the second one .

SORRY SORRY SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYY for compressing it in a .ace but that turned 983mb into 180mb.

I use WinAce to ace it, so you probably wont get it out with any other program......

Filefront is your friend. Not megaupload or rapidshare so everyone is happy .

A you-tube or Google video can be done by someone with more bandwith than I......so more than 1GB ROFL.......

http://files.filefront.com/LFS ... /;5373613;;/fileinfo.html

right, firstly make it a self extracting .exe using 7-Zip, that will make it easiest to open, and secondly learn how to use VirtualDUb, or look for the "Making LFS Movies" thread
Quote from Jakg :right, firstly make it a self extracting .exe using 7-Zip, that will make it easiest to open, and secondly learn how to use VirtualDUb, or look for the "Making LFS Movies" thread

Well done for pointing the blatently obvious out jakg, thank you.

I don't need virtual dub, I did all the frap clips at .250 and only doubled the speed so it would still be slow-mo but with good FPS. I have adobe premiere pro so I wouldn't need virtualdub.

can i have the link for 7-up or whatever it is.....
lets stop the sarcasm and get to the point. 180 megs what am i getting out of it? I already cancelled it because of the replies.

In fact all i really need to know is how long is the movie and how big is it when not in an archive?
983megs out of archive, and....about 4:53 minutes long
#8 - KeMoT
ACE ? stopping the download now...
#9 - filur
If you've still got your project files, go over the settings in premiere and make sure to stay away from anything related to interlacing or de-interlacing, set the sound volume lower, make the video stretch to your frame size and export the movie using some form of compression.

I'd guess this video would weigh in at about 15-20mb as XviD.

Quote from Spudster :I have adobe premiere pro so I wouldn't need virtualdub

I'd recommend virtualdub for compressing, premiere is slow enough rendering to uncompressed avi, and not many codecs seem proper enough for premiere to not throw an "unknown error" while rendering.

The opening "crash" was neat, and the UF1 roll was nice.
I remember another reason i choose not to use VD and that is that there are so many scenes i recorded with fraps, and that they were all going to be slow-mo but still with good FPS, i simply didnt have the HDD space to edit in VD, a problem i encountered when i tried to use WMM.
Hmm what can i say...one thing..LOL

almost 1 gig 4 minuts crap quality compressed with ace..

dude if u don't know how to do such things don't do it..waste of time and bandwith...for those who stopped downloading or thinking about it..look at nice screeny:
Attached images
lol.JPG
Quote from kamo2000 :dude if u don't know how to do such things don't do it..

How's he supposed to learn it then? Give 'im some pointers instead of just slagging him off (you could do both)

VDub and DivX/XviD does the job quite nicely for me.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :VDub and DivX/XviD does the job quite nicely for me.

Right, but even with proper manuals for Xvid encoding settings i find it a pain in the A*** to configure it all. And i need to admit i've seen some pretty small goooood looking xvid material, it just gave me the creeps, thinking about the hours of reading and understanding the "how to's"...

maybee a lazy comment but Divx with a 1,5Mbits/s and 3 other things set, gives usable results.

regards
Yeah, XviD is a bit of a cock. Which is why although I did list it, I generally use DivX. I think I got a 5 series pro codec currently that I use.
5.2.1 almost nag free (no visible blocking @ 2mbits) better than that series 6.x.xx codec versions. they produced a nasty amount of blocks in flashie scenes, ewwww.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Yeah, XviD is a bit of a cock. Which is why although I did list it, I generally use DivX. I think I got a 5 series pro codec currently that I use.

XviD is 10 times better then DivX.

Or just open up the video with autoGK,load the file,and make a 1500kbps video of it,but you probably dont know how to do that..lol.

Just make sure you take 10 mb per minute,and your fine.
Quote :you probably dont know how to do that..lol.

Lol omg you really thought I could? haha.., or in fact, maybe I just like to use a single app for all my converting needs (VDub) and convert to/from any codec I have installed, not only XviD or DivX (I haven't read the details of the GordianKnot, but just as well, I'll stick with VD even if autoGK can do others. Why? Because I'm used to it).

In short: why be sarcastic at me, when I'm legitiately responding / trying to help.
Quote from Sternendaal :Just make sure you take 10 mb per minute,and your fine.

If I understand you correct, then you just said what i said, using other words.
Very impressive work...

regards
Quote from Sternendaal :XviD is 10 times better then DivX.

They are basically the same, but i agree xvid is better.
Quote from Sternendaal :Just make sure you take 10 mb per minute,and your fine.

Not really, It'll be way too much for a movie featuring a series of still images, and it'll be way to little for a movie featuring a full grid BF1 race on SO1 in 1024x768 30fps with camera switching every 3 seconds, etc.

Quote from micha1980de :thinking about the hours of reading and understanding the "how to's"...

My xvid config looks like attached image, i never mess with anything other then this little screen.
Attached images
xvidcfg.png
thx a lot, will try some configs, will post some examples afterwards.

regards
Quote from filur :They are basically the same, but i agree xvid is better.

Not really, It'll be way too much for a movie featuring a series of still images, and it'll be way to little for a movie featuring a full grid BF1 race on SO1 in 1024x768 30fps with camera switching every 3 seconds, etc.

My xvid config looks like attached image, i never mess with anything other then this little screen.

512x288 is good enough!

@Micha: When I started typing your post was not in the topic.
#22 - Smax
Which version of Adobe Premiere Pro are you using?

1.5 or 2.0 will both render to wmv 512kb download, ok not the greatest of formats, but it should give you a filesize of roughly 1 1/2 mb a minute and make your movie much more accesible to other people, whilst retaining sufficient quality to be viewable full screen, without looking like a mess of huge square pixels. 2.0 is better at dealing with HD formats, which can then be rendered out to wmv, further increasing the quality of the end result and yet still not sending the file size up into the "can't be arsed to download that" range.

You should be aware that Premiere is primarly supposed to deal with footage coming in from mini DV cams which after editing is going to be authored to DVD for home movie purposes. It's not really for clicking about making clips from video games. Thus the fact that you have a Premiere installation does not automatically mean that Vitual Dub would be of no use to you.

Spudster's crash movie.
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG