The online racing simulator
thrustmaster f1 force feedback -right turn issue
Hi

Been flogging my thrustmaster f1 force feedback for approx 18 months now. For the past several days it seems to lag or lock for a few seconds on tight right turns - usually putting me straight in the wall! It doesn't happen all the time, though tight right handers seem to be the issue.

Can this wheel be cleaned / fixed to solve the issue? Anyone give me a few tips on pulling it apart? I'm thinking it's just worn or dirty.
#2 - jtr99
Have you tried spraying into the interior with WD40 or similar? That often helps with dirt on the pots, etc.
so it could just be dirty... I'll try pulling it apart then and cleaning / lube
..maybe it was only made for NASCAR games?
Nah, that didn't work. Pulled it apart - it's all belt driven. nothing here to clean or lube. Doh! looks like it's on it's way out...

Got any ideas on other things I can try?
what if you turn your FF all the way down to 0 in LFS; will it still lock up?

also, is it when you turn your wheel really really fast?
#7 - jtr99
Well, there must be a potentiometer in it, and if that gets dust inside, it can cause spikes in the signal. My suggestion was about spraying WD40 directly into the pot in order to clean / lube the crap out of it, and thus improve the smoothness of the output signal.

Or have I misinterpreted the problem?
I'll try the ff down to 0 tonight...

looks like the pot is a sealed unit (looks like an elec motor?)

Anyway it's seems to be racing ok at the moment - still sticks on calibration tho.

Found a calibration tool too:
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng ... id=2&pid=31&cid=5

Thanks For the feedback - I'll get back with the results...
Still no luck

Not opened for wd40 mission again - looked like a sealed unit last time

Looks like when I hit full lock on a right turn it 'sticks' on the way back to centre. bloody anoying!

also tried no FF but still the same - does it on another PC I tested it on. DOH.

Can you get these things fixed or what?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG