The online racing simulator
Blackwood HD on Assetto Corsa
(24 posts, started )
I respect their work but... is very ugly.

I prefer the original one and if Scawen & co. want release a newer version of the track, i hope they won't change it, just ad a better environment.

That skycrapers too near at the track are very ugly(better see them on far distance), same for the goodyear bridge.
Yup, these things vrajunar mentioned completely ruin that track's environment..
Respect!
Quote from vrajunar :I respect their work but... is very ugly.

I prefer the original one and if Scawen & co. want release a newer version of the track, i hope they won't change it, just ad a better environment.

That skycrapers too near at the track are very ugly(better see them on far distance), same for the goodyear bridge.

You know, I agree with you. They've made the track look like it hasn't been used for years with the overgrown grass and vegetation.

Still, it's progress. LFS is as stale as yesterday's flushed shite.
You're right, but if you've seen what they've done with Westhill, now it looks better.

Just wait, and if they want, can make a newer version of Blackwood, but they should not replace a lot of things.
IMO a bit os shaders (normal maps, road shine, shadow mapping) will bring a lot of freshness without necessity of re-building whole tracks Smile
Quote from petercollins :

You know, I agree with you. They've made the track look like it hasn't been used for years with the overgrown grass and vegetation.

Still, it's progress. LFS is as stale as yesterday's flushed shite.

You think? I think it looks like a rubbish user-made add-on track with the vegetation pointlessly turned up to eleven to hide how crap it really looks.

Also, if you hate LFS so much................etc
This Track does not work... I get every Time an Error on Loading this Track "Could not find a suitable video mode." Frown
They put too much vegetation and stuff in. The track inside a city setting does not seem realistic either. I get a very tech demo type of feel from this, basically it looks like they tried to cram everything they could in it. Which makes it completely unrealistic to be a real life track.
Not compareable, LFS feels much more Intensive. Blackwood is "boring" with the AC engine.
Quote from Stölzel :This Track does not work... I get every Time an Error on Loading this Track "Could not find a suitable video mode." Frown

Change your resolution and then try again, then switch it back. It should work after that. I've seen a number of AC users encountering this issue.

Anyway.

As far as the AC Blackwood HD version goes... I think I can see where you're all coming from, but why are we all griping over the fact that the Blackwood HD creators changed some things to make it fit AC's status quo?

If anything, as I see it, we should be happy that they've made these changes. Everything they did refined the track to a more AC-esque level while still maintaining it's feel. After all, it is the go-to demo track for LFS, which (need I remind you all) is a game that's nearing it's 15th year of life. Can you think of a game that has been continuously maintaining the hearts of its' fans for that long without making bullsh*t sequels just to make money? I highly doubt that - and don't humour me on this point. :P

One final point I feel that I should make, is that some of you need to check Lynce's work. He's been doing some fantastic texture work on a lot of the tracks, and it really does give the whole game a really 'fresh' feeling. Ranging from curbs on Fern Bay to the brickwork on South City, he's been getting into the nitty-gritty details that only a great texture artist could, by using photo-realistic images as his source material.

Regardless, I'm overjoyed that the AC Community has integrated such an iconic track in this game into one of the newest games of the racing simulator scene. You should all be proud to be a part of what made that track so damn iconic.
Quote from speeddemon6 :
As far as the AC Blackwood HD version goes... I think I can see where you're all coming from, but why are we all griping over the fact that the Blackwood HD creators changed some things to make it fit AC's status quo?

It doesn't really fit in AC's style either. All the other tracks have realistic look and feel.
this thread reminds me of that simpsons image that says "old man yells at cloud"

further proof that anything LFS players can complain about, they sure will. can't be happy with anything
I'm still missing the big flashing neon-signs pointing where to go. Luckily, coming in next version.
Quote from sinbad :
You think? I think it looks like a rubbish user-made add-on track with the vegetation pointlessly turned up to eleven to hide how crap it really looks.

All I can say is thank God you aren't making video games.
Quote from ToxicKlay :
Quote from sinbad :

All I can say is thank God you aren't making video games.

24hours since your previous post, you return with "All I can say is:"?
Okay.

Here's the preview of Fern Bay- think you're gonna love it:
lol ^^^
Eror
Quote from sinbad :
24hours since your previous post, you return with "All I can say is:"?
Okay.

what, are you telling me there are specific time frames I can post on an internet forum? you're sad and pathetic. just over 3500 posts - and hardly any substance
No, I just don't know why you apparently spent a whole day thinking of what to say to the post I made 4 days earlier. Or, given what you eventually came back with, why you even bothered.
Quote from vrajunar :You're right, but if you've seen what they've done with Westhill, now it looks better.

Just wait, and if they want, can make a newer version of Blackwood, but they should not replace a lot of things.

what's your favorite part when you drive on the new westhill?
There was another "plain" mod without the djungle and city-block inside the track. Much better than the "reloaded" version. But that's just me.

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG