The online racing simulator
What do you think about new Westhill Tunnel racetrack?
#2 - lucaf
Very nice layout/track! Are you hosting the Westhill Tunnels server? There is running almost identical layout with this one.

edit: I am just curious who is the original creator, since I did last night an extended version of that layout, it is a bit longer. I would like to post it here if it is ok for the creator.
Hey, this is a nice layout, indeed.
I've been thinking about a very similar one myself.

What I don't like about the above posted draft at all is the pit lane. That should be place across the road on the left hand side of the track, where there is enough pavement to roll in and out, without the need of a bridge. Furthermore, the pit entry wouldn't feed from the racing line out of the roundabout, if place on the other side of the track.
Well,there are probably many versions of this,devs made themselves one when introducing new westhill and hosting test server. But here's mine,where original pitlane garages are used and start/finish straight is behind them. Also couple chicanes added to make track a bit more challengening. Track was used in 106th RTFR,which was poorly attended (results pictures in next post are from other race due to picture hosting service screw up,but stats are right).
Attached files
WE1Y_RGE-Tunnels.lyt - 6.1 KB - 929 views
#5 - lucaf
Here is my version. It is based on layout used on public Westhill Tunnels - server, but i put more length by re-routing in new places, and in addition there is some optional routes also available Smile. (edit: track can be found in my next msg below)
Hello!
I'am not the hoster of the Westhill Tunnels. When I was racing there I just saved the layout and made my own versioon. =)
#7 - lucaf
So here is a nice small race on "westhill tunnels long". You can have the layout and/or race it at "9397 Racing" -server
Attached files
westhill tunnels long.mpr - 602.4 KB - 303 views
#8 - Racon
Really nice track, good mix of corners with a nice flow to it.

Who's that 616 fella? Very sloppy driving! Smile
#9 - lucaf
Big grin Big grin
This is my version of Tunnel Track,based on a reversed virsion by an original maker,but totally modified.This one set the restaurant section as the starting line and pit,westhill circuit pit as a low speed stadium section.Anti-cut measure is introduced,the track is reletively closed,avoid someone getting lost and drive out of the track,all pillars are blocked with armco,should be a safe one.
Attached files
WE1Y_tunnel race safe.lyt - 6 KB - 301 views
Quote from kof9076 :This is my version of Tunnel Track..

It's really nice I like it! Thanks for sharing.

Edit: There seem to be an issue with the layout because I always got the "hotlap invalid - wrong way" just before entering the 2nd tunnel.
Quote from Skytrill :It's really nice I like it! Thanks for sharing.

Edit: There seem to be an issue with the layout because I always got the "hotlap invalid - wrong way" just before entering the 2nd tunnel.

Ye,found that isuue before,maybe because using an unoffical starting line i presume,found in some other closed circuit layout too,P2P tracks don't have such issue.In fact the main invalidity reasons are the speed ramp on the side of the track when pushing to the limitBig grin ,always hit those.Usually used for online racing though,shouldn't be a big problem.I'll try to find a solution,thanks for the feedback.

What do you think about new Westhill Tunnel racetrack?
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG