The online racing simulator
AU1 Tunnel
(3 posts, started )
AU1 Tunnel
Playing about seeing what it would be like to make tunnel system using new concrete objects (answer: difficult - or maybe I've got the 2d mind like Khan, and not 3d like Spock?!), and come up with quick and dirty layout.

Has to be hole above start position else you start on the roof - ok if you want to roof race!

There are couple of slots 'cut out' in part of the track - deliberate - was trying to see what happens if you fall in the gap!

In places, especially start, the roof is very low - I wanted to see if low roof = claustrophobic - not very when track is 16m wide.

If making closed tunnel system, no lights required.

If you make tunnel high enough, you could add 'gantries' with direction arrows fitted.

Was going to, but never got round to, making Y shaped junctions, so cars could go left or right.

Tunnels might be good idea for people making Cruise layouts - good way of going over grass areas if you put slabs down first, and something different too.
Attached images
$RKEHJKE.jpg
Attached files
AU1_Tunnel.lyt - 4.5 KB - 344 views
you deserve a medal
I did something like this about week ago to Westhill Karting National track, the layout is somewhere in this forum.

AU1 Tunnel
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG