The online racing simulator
EDIT: ^ Yes! An S2 license.

Scawen, could you fix so the autocross pit boxes work in practice aswell ?
Edit2: And, if its possible to get skidmarks on concrete objects ?
Quote from McGherkin :Found a couple of minor glitches;

I jumped thru there, exactly the same way as you, and no blue screen on the road.
I am speechless. This is amazing
The shadows on concrete mostly works, but there's now some Z-fighting on intersecting concrete while a shadow is being cast (couldn't see any on Shift+U mode with no car)

Is there any documentation for how these new pit boxes are supposed to work if at all? It would be nice for them to work as they do in the actual pit lanes ie. refueling and repairing.
Quote from Degats :The shadows on concrete mostly works, but there's now some Z-fighting on intersecting concrete while a shadow is being cast (couldn't see any on Shift+U mode with no car)

Strange effect that, not sure if it can be fixed but I'll have a think about it.

Quote from mbutcher :Is there any documentation for how these new pit boxes are supposed to work if at all? It would be nice for them to work as they do in the actual pit lanes ie. refueling and repairing.

They don't work yet, but they are at the top of my list to try and do something with them.
One thing to mention about the shadows on unmovable objects - when an object is first added, shadows will not be visible on it. They will become automatically set for shadowing (and best frame rate) when the race restarts or when a layout is loaded. In the 'more' section in SHIFT+U mode (at bottom left) there is an 'optimise' button that can you can use to do this manually.
Quote from Scawen :
Quote from mbutcher :Is there any documentation for how these new pit boxes are supposed to work if at all? It would be nice for them to work as they do in the actual pit lanes ie. refueling and repairing.

They don't work yet, but they are at the top of my list to try and do something with them.

Sounds good, thanks.
Scawen, any chance of allowing for Z height to be done in smaller increments, would be nice to have the Speed Hump curves a little lower so they don't blow the shocks Smile
hi scawen nice patch im testing and searching bugs Smile
this is perfect and like the new track Smile

can you more later. when u can... edit the chalk lines for + , - width?

0.5m 1 m 1.5 m 2m max? for example? to create pit lines in yellow? im creating some layout for karting tracks to community Smile

thanks by all

Bugs : car wheels . not have good collision on curbs or sidewalks

Extra : ( any day can create script or modification in cars to add smoke in exhaust pipe in idle? Smile
Quote from NIKI FBI :Do we have to buy it or ?

Естествено, че трябва да имаш s2 лиценз за да караш.
Thanks Scawen! Now waiting for update 2/2. Update 1/2 is released! I really like it, now we can use 40 cars in the race. But maybe its a good idea to fix the WestHill off-Road tracks adding to the map.
great update!!
Loops possible now, thanx a lot
Hi I tested the new LFS version 0.6G 0.6G14 0.6G15 and now I know it is possible to make Loops as you could see on
youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch? ... DGJhPa58Jwiw&index=1

One thing i miss to make layout making easy was a Step function that could lock to previous objects.

Step: right, left, forward, reverse, Step functionOn/Off

If you try the layout WE1X_test2.lyt
and you drived up on the first roof, Shadows were flickering
But only outside the car.

Thanks a lot for this update Scawen, Smile

Quote from Scawen :Here are some program fixes and improvements I have done today.
Please have a go and let me know if it works well.

Quote from hedmik :One thing i miss to make layout making easy was a Step function that could lock to previous objects.

Step: right, left, forward, reverse, Step functionOn/Off

There is something like this, but not the full thing. If you hold SHIFT, you will see the placement goes to a 1 metre grid. This affects the O and M keypresses.

Also SHIFT makes the X/Y/Z up/down arrows use the rounded 1 metre points.

This 1 metre grid size is not yet adjustable but this can help sometimes, specially if your object is aligned with the X and Y axes of the world (Heading 0 / 90 / -180 / -90).
One thing that keeps happening to me in "Shift+U Mode": I want to change the size/height/x/y/z heading of an object but instead I select another object somewhere in the distance that happens to be just below where I want to click.

Example in attached picture, if I would want to make my object smaller ("Length" down arrow) I will select another object instead.

Is it possible to fix that? Or is my workflow just screwed and I should do this in a better way?
Attached images
arrowsandpoints.jpg
It's always been like that for SHIFT U mode - better to get camera lower to ground then look up towards sky before choosing object / parameters.
Sometimes, at various places of Westhill, be it in cockpit or other view, or shift+u mode, i get this glitch. Any idea what could be the cause?
Attached images
lfs_00000150.png
Shadow bug when car on object placed above ground level
Not sure if it's been pointed out yet, or if anything can even be done about it, but if car is placed on slab which is suspended above ground, and car sits on slab, then car shadow is shown on the ground, under the slab.

Same thing happens if car is sitting on concrete ramp.
Attached images
LFS Shadow on ground not on ramp.jpg
Shadows on concrete objects is a great fix Smile
But there's one thing I noticed and I'd like to ask about it - On concrete objects grip level is slightly lower (like about 0,05 - 0,1 g), why is that? Smile
More smooth? I was trying some custom layout shizzle yesterday and I used an entry point to get back on the track but it's covered with grass and if I try to put a concrete slab there it always has a sharp edge no matter what I do.. It's because this area is not flat... Is it in any way possible to create a flat surface with grip there? If so, can someone upload a .lyt?

Btw, racers are not ready for custom layouts yet.. More then half is protesting that its not fun.. Sigh... Will change later I guess Wink

edit: added MPR just for funz Wink
Attached images
lfs_we_lyt2.jpg
lfs_we_lyt1.jpg
Attached files
436758.mpr - 3.1 MB - 723 views
I got a weird bug/problem when I'm trying to choose a skin in pits.When I choose one the car is black, but rims kept the same color how it was before, game doesn't send me any messages for errors.We talked about in some servers and I'm not the only one with this bug.
This update... Wow. I remember when I was a small kid and played S1 and Grand Prix Legends wanting to know what's behind the barriers and with GPL I could actually drive a bit offroad. But this Westhill is completely unbelievable. Thank you very much!!
Quote from Bmxtwins :Scawen, any chance of allowing for Z height to be done in smaller increments, would be nice to have the Speed Hump curves a little lower so they don't blow the shocks Smile

Not possible, the autocross objects are extremely compressed (12 bytes each) so they have limitations including resolution of position.

Quote from Davikasy :...can you more later. when u can... edit the chalk lines for + , - width?

0.5m 1 m 1.5 m 2m max? for example? to create pit lines in yellow? im creating some layout for karting tracks to community Smile

Good idea about adjustable chalk and perhaps other paint styles at some point but I'm seriously limited on time now and there are some high priority tasks still to do, so not this time.

Quote from troy :One thing that keeps happening to me in "Shift+U Mode": I want to change the size/height/x/y/z heading of an object but instead I select another object somewhere in the distance that happens to be just below where I want to click.

Is it possible to fix that? Or is my workflow just screwed and I should do this in a better way?

Thanks, yes I have fixed that now. Interface is now in front of object buttons (in my version).

Quote from Kid222 :Sometimes, at various places of Westhill, be it in cockpit or other view, or shift+u mode, i get this glitch. Any idea what could be the cause?

I don't know about this. I wonder if you could be running out of memory on the card - maybe try half texture resolution. Or could it be the card overheating? Maybe check it isn't full of dust. I have not encountered any warning messages from DirectX.

Quote from sinanju :Not sure if it's been pointed out yet, or if anything can even be done about it, but if car is placed on slab which is suspended above ground, and car sits on slab, then car shadow is shown on the ground, under the slab.

What is needed for that is a whole new shadow system that can draw shadows for everything including the concrete objects.

Quote from cargame.nl :More smooth? I was trying some custom layout shizzle yesterday and I used an entry point to get back on the track but it's covered with grass and if I try to put a concrete slab there it always has a sharp edge no matter what I do.. It's because this area is not flat... Is it in any way possible to create a flat surface with grip there? If so, can someone upload a .lyt?

I think what you need is a long ramp with a slight height, starting below ground and emerging from the ground. Possibly join that to a flat slab and and another ramp at the other end, for example.

Quote from ventspils_619 :I got a weird bug/problem when I'm trying to choose a skin in pits.When I choose one the car is black, but rims kept the same color how it was before, game doesn't send me any messages for errors.We talked about in some servers and I'm not the only one with this bug.

Did you adjust the base colours? Your description just sounds like you started from a dark plain skin and loaded a skin into it. You should turn the colour sliders up probably to maximum.
-
(BIzO) DELETED by BIzO : Bug fixed in the G15 patch, was using G14
This thread is closed

TEST PATCH 0.6G14 - New Westhill Circuit
(314 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG