The online racing simulator
2015 Kyoto 250: Qualifying and Twin 115s Discussion
Qualifying Day is Saturday, 28th March 2015! You will be PM'd the password for qualifying sometime Saturday early morning after the final entry check is made. Your Twin 115 password will be sent out after hotlap qualifying ends.

Due to the projection that we will have less than 30 eligible entrants to the event, the usual requirement of having to run in the hotlap session to race in the 250 is waived. HOWEVER: We do want you to set a time and participate in the Twin 115s, so please only miss the qualifying sessions if it is absolutely not possible to participate. You may miss the hotlap qualifying and take part in a Twin 115 still.

Hotlap qualifying is booked for one hour, and that entire hour will be run. Each Twin Race should take about an hour as well. You may NOT be in server if it is not your twin race!

If you cannot make the 115 you are assigned to, you are welcome to request a swap to another 115 OR elect to be placed to the provisional drivers pool. You must inform me of this as soon as possible after Twin race delegations are posted.

The schedule for qualifying day is as follows:
16:55 UTC: Arrival deadline for all competitors.
17:00 UTC: Start of hotlap qualifying, one outlap, two hotlaps, one inlap.
18:30 UTC (or 20 minutes after end of hotlap qualifying, whichever is later): Twin 115 Race 1 (63+2=65 laps; ONE GREEN FLAG pitstop required - ALL TYRE CHANGE REQUIRED)
19:50 UTC (or 15 minutes after end of Twin 115 Race 1, whichever is later): Twin 115 Race 2 (63+2=65 laps; ONE GREEN FLAG pitstop required - ALL TYRE CHANGE REQUIRED)

If you're unsure of the time in relation to you; please use the Time Zone Converter

The Top 2 after hotlap qualifying will start the Kyoto 250 in P1 and P2.
All others must race their way in through the Twin 115s. Twin 115 Race 1 sets the INSIDE file of the race grid, Twin 115 Race 2 sets the OUTSIDE file of the race grid. The polesitter for each Twin 115 is the 1st or 2nd place qualifier, respectively. That driver is NOT included in the top 11 of each twin 115 who race their way in. The first eleven finishers will start on their respective file in the order of finish. All remaining drivers will go into the provisional pool, of which the 6 fastest will fill the last 6 spots on the Kyoto 250 grid.

The official grid will be posted about 3 hours after the conclusion of the Twin 115 number 2. You will have 2 hours after the finish of the session that has the incident you wish to protest to file a protest if needed.

Discuss qualifying and the Twins here !
My schedule is cramped and I may miss all sessions, but as soon as I'm available I will join.
With the hint that the New Westhill will be released this month, please be advised that the 2015 Kyoto 250 is to be run on LFS 0.6G - if a test patch or official patch is released over the course of the weekend and is incompatible, ENSURE YOU KEEP A COPY OF 0.6G (or as late at 0.6G3) OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO JOIN THE KYOTO 250 SERVER!

NO EXCEPTIONS OR ALLOWANCES will be made for being late or unable to join due to not keeping a copy of the current official patch!
Will anybody challenge Patrick Hall in qualifying? Probably not Wink
I'm not sure where people are? I know the new Westhill is out and you want to enjoy it, but you knew of this event before the new Westhill came out, and surely you can spend a few hours away to tend to this event?

If you're skipping hotlap qualifying and the entire qualifying because I said I'd allow it, then I will actually rescind that except for those that notified me about possibly missing the Kyoto 250.
but what if we come back and the westhill is gone again O_O
Pretty much disgusting behaviour if some people skip the KY250 just for westhill
Password set for Twin 115 Race 2.
Quote from Timo1992 :Pretty much disgusting behaviour if some people skip the KY250 just for westhill

This :|

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG