The online racing simulator
2015 IndyCar Season
(46 posts, started )
2015 IndyCar Series
Apparently Honda thinks that IndyCar's new body kits are more open for variance than Formula 1's.

Here's the nose of the road course and short oval package. I like it, but what do you guys think?

http://d2i8ejbvsgsqtt.cloudfr ... VERY_RC_FRMEAN_000012.jpg

Edit: And, I'll be at the Indy 500 this year. Entry to turn 4 towards the top Smile
Looks cool from that angle, but the three-quarter angle they showed looks a lot more Frankenstein-y. Should be a fascinating season, regardless.
Buggity buggity buggity

Absolutely adore Indycar. Can't wait!
Onboard lap with Hinch in the aero-kitted Honda:

And Coletti in the Chevy:

You know when you go to a kart rental place where the karts have these big plastic/rubber bumpers all around them?

Indycar drivers need that.
That or better circuits...
You know, I really liked the race, but TV ratings came back low, and the debris was a little bit of a problem. It's open wheel cars though. They shouldn't be making contact.

The tracks that they go to lend to contact most times :|
Might take the drivers one or two races to adjust to the "new" racing. Going to tracks that are a bit wider might also help... Let's wait and see what it looks like when they go to a permanent track.
Quote from three_jump :Might take the drivers one or two races to adjust to the "new" racing. Going to tracks that are a bit wider might also help... Let's wait and see what it looks like when they go to a permanent track.

We get 80% yellows!

Conditions were a little tricky though.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :
Quote from three_jump :Might take the drivers one or two races to adjust to the "new" racing. Going to tracks that are a bit wider might also help... Let's wait and see what it looks like when they go to a permanent track.

We get 80% yellows!

Conditions were a little tricky though.

New Orleans (at or below sea level) leads to poor drainage. IndyCar needs intermediate tires. That would have mostly solved that problem. Also, please, get rid of the time limit for IndyCar races.
Yeah that was a real shit show. 30 laps would've been ideal...
Hunter-Reay has picked up a 3 point penalty for the crash. I think that was a little harsh given the conditions and it was Pagenaud who chose to make it three wide.

Not saying RHR was not at fault, but it was a bit more of a racing incident in my view. Someone usually has to pay when there's so much carbon fibre in the bin though.
I do feel as though RHR's penalty was justified. Everybody else gave him enough room, but he ran Pagenaud off the track. Shrug
I know, and maybe I'm being too nice, but he already had one car on the inside to keep an eye on whilst going around a left that runs into a right. I guess he didn't check his mirror, or Pagenaud was in the blind spot when he did.

Just too many plates to spin. Probation would have done, in my opinion.
Nice, clean race today Smile I enjoyed it Smile
I watched the Long Beach GP & recall them talking about the Chevys not having the bunny ears on. Can anybody clarify?
Yes, the bunny ears could have stayed if the teams had tethered them on (if I recall correctly), but all the teams decided to remove them.

Didn't matter. They swept the top 7 Taped Shut
What a race Big grin I am impressed Smile
Awesome race, finally. Congrats to Josef and his team.
Yess! Really enjoyed that one
What a week and a half leading up to the Indy 500.

I'll be sitting entry to turn 4 Sunday, but I'm hoping that the rain holds off.

I'm hoping that Hinchcliffe is healthier than what he might be. Nobody close to the situation is really talking, but it seems as though he has a suspension bar through his upper leg (thigh) after yesterday's practice crash.

Video of incident
What a great race and great day Smile

Great run by Juan Pablo Montoya
In all 100% honesty, I would have been happy with anybody winning the Indy 500, BUT Montoya. (Note: Been a Montoya hater since 2006)
Quote from Texpelt88 :In all 100% honesty, I would have been happy with anybody winning the Indy 500, BUT Montoya. (Note: Been a Montoya hater since 2006)

Just out of curiosity, why have you hated him?

2015 IndyCar Season
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG