The online racing simulator
Bye cargame.nl [now back]
(104 posts, closed, started )
You are wrong pmw
#77 - 5tag
Thanks Dave for your tremendous work! Thanks to the whole cargame staff as well! Very much enjoyed the S1 server, although it wasn't too busy most times.

Oddly silent way to go though, leaves a lot of us guessing for his reasons.
Thanks Dave and CG crew.

I hope other servers put track rotations similar than CG.
is sad but thanks Dave and all CG boys!
Big thanks to Dave and all the team at CG - you all did an excellent job of keeping things going for as long as you did. Good luck to you for the future - I'm sure anything else you turn your hand to will be just as successful.
I only have touched that server a couple of times in these 5.5 years. Always stuck with these little UFR's. Nothing of value was lost, same if it happens with the leading S2 cruise servers.
Quote from pantiainen :Yep, (FM) FoX JuNkieS offered a lot of fun a while ago. Why not now as well? We even have weekly event with FOX on (FM) Events!

Still can't join the server since the admin haven't taken the range ban off (why is it even there???)
. I complained about this some time ago and no one helped.
As this popped out once again, I have forgot to give a credit to CG team, for allowing to feel the fun of driving.

I never forget FE3/4 XFR 2wheel racing or backwards driving in FZ5. With commentary in TeamSpeak of continously asking about "you see things different today as well UM21, don't you?"

Also CG beatboxing and random conversations, in good and bad ways. Those are memories, and events I will remember with good passion.

I also never forget Mouseman's epic trolling or Rockclan's epic laughing. I also never forget how random people occurred to ts being random, just waiting a CG admin kickbans him away, heh heh...
and many other guys not mentioned in here... Sorin, Rolly, Röben, "SPEEDYYYYYYY, SPEEEDYYYYYYY, YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

I also never forget about the guys in server raced against each other, or cheering each other up, hating each other, getting annoyed, getting amused, getting kicked for spamming the chat more than 3 times in a row, never forget the legendary binds used by racers ( I had BECAUSE THE VIRTUAL ALCOHOLIC IS NOT SAME AS REAL ONE MATE ;( / Excellent etc etc...)

Swearing was forbidden, still everyone ignored about how forbidden it was, just getting kicked from the server, and people in server lolling the chat hardly, and Dave gets annoyed in teamspeak, while we in ts are just going madness... (Sadifhgfihiih ugih llololololololol OOOO ok ok ok, he got error )

I also never forget how peope moaned about NO GT2 arrghh... while people voted FE/SO where highest class was UFR/XFR ( NGT, if I remember it right )

And many, many other things as well...

I remember when I first times showed on cargame.nl server, I crashed Inouva... She got so annoyed... and I got embarrassed...

heh....

Thanks cargame.nl, it was excellent times! I hope we'll see again in LFS in some point, while I have been away 22 months from LFS...
A modern bind from the last months: "DALE CAMPEON ACELERAAA!" - Cabezon, IIRC.
DALE CAMPEON ACCCCCELLLERRRAAA
"go champion accelerate"
CG™» Moody - hi legend

demo dont have revers

Frown
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :
I also never forget Mouseman's epic trolling or Rockclan's epic laughing

Yeeeeees! Big grin Those were the times Big grin
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :
I also never forget Mouseman's epic trolling or Rockclan's epic laughing

Well UM, according to TS users my laughter is still epic!

We should have a chat to catch up Smile

UM please PM me. Wink
Had some great times on CG servers, lots of fun. Thanks for the time you guys invested in them, especially Dave! Thumbs up
Well.. I am here for today because I got notified of this Westhill buzz of course and after such a long time of hosting I sure want to experience the changes but I am uncertain about the future. Basically it's the state of the community which made me decide to pull the plug and I have extreme doubts the situation drastically changes after this Westhill release.. But... Be positive and drink some beer or something Taped Shut
When I saw you posting the news I started on the whiskey right away, now I am probably too drunk to find where I left LFS in my pc. Ya right
That explains some stuff.. Better stick with Pernod Ricard Wink
Welcome back Dave, hope you'll find enough reasons to fire the whole thing up once again Smile
Quote from cargame.nl :Well.. I am here for today because I got notified of this Westhill buzz of course and after such a long time of hosting I sure want to experience the changes but I am uncertain about the future. Basically it's the state of the community which made me decide to pull the plug and I have extreme doubts the situation drastically changes after this Westhill release.. But... Be positive and drink some beer or something Taped Shut

Hats off to you for sticking at it for so long, given the state of the community. If it wasn't for CG and the a select few others over the last few years, the game wouldn't have limped on for so long. But you are right. Too little too late. You can not count on the devs for any support. The concept of community has always been a foreign idea to them. A community neglected and totally devoid of it's racing enthusiast heritage and littered with skeletons of past advocates of the game.

Releasing content now is a total joke given all the excuses about why it couldn't happen years ago. Zero faith! Sums up all that is wrong with LFS "content" development.

Anyway CG's departure is totally understandable and a great loss to remnants of the racing community.
It's not really interesting what happened in the past, it's interesting what happens in the future and it's also interesting to see what happens if there is no CG running the public racing show. Actually I was very relaxed this month without having to take care about whats going on, on LFS public server(s). Still having very mixed feelings as a result of that experience. LFS brought a lot of positive stuff the last five years, wanted to treasure that and not being taken over by annoyances .. Not sure what to decide now, it's a good update. Need the whole week to evaluate what to do.
Agreed, but those that ignore the past, are destined to repeat it. Hence many still wait/whing/whatever, unaware of how LFS development was pre 06/07. Many of the concerns I voiced publicly back then were unpopular, but have largely come true.

As always after an update, there's a spike of interest. Being a content update, it will probably last longer. Long enough to turn things around? Probably not. But if we see a few more updates in close succession, then the devs will have turned a page and maybe they're serious about LFS being viable into the future.
Hi cargame. :d
Cargame.nl S2 full already, cargame.nl GTR up, yay Big grin
nice!! my 999 day ban is ending but CG death now.

Thank you for nothing dave! Wink
This thread is closed

Bye cargame.nl [now back]
(104 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG