The online racing simulator
I still want to see known cars in LFS...
I know that mant things have been spoken about this issue but ant time I drive or watch how was the race, I always wish to see for example a Mercedes SLR, Lamborghini Mucielago, Ferrrari F430, Aston Martin DB9, Corvette C5 or C6 something like this.
#2 - Jakg
licensing, it would cost a lot
This has been talked over sooooo many times. I suggest you look in the improvements section of this forum to read through the various reasons for and against.

I suspect this thread will be locked anyway as it won't lead anywhere new.
#4 - ORION
Bmw F1 isnt a known car?
can someone move this to improvements section at least....
kinda off topic: how much is a lot? hundred? thousand? million? billion zorgz?
#7 - Jakg
Quote from newage :kinda off topic: how much is a lot? hundred? thousand? million? billion zorgz?

more than hunders, a LOT more, but im not sure of the exact prices (plus it would depend upon car)
@deggis: LOL!
#10 - Smax
Well lets do a test shall we?

Who here knows what I'm talking about if I say:

LX4,
XFG,
FXO,
FO8,
RAC,
MRT.

You do? Heh, I guess we do have known brand cars after all.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Well lets do a test shall we?

Who here knows what I'm talking about if I say:

LX4,
XFG,
FXO,
FO8,
RAC,
MRT.

You do? Heh, I guess we do have known brand cars after all.

Whereas the RAC (RaceAbout '02) and the MRT 5 already are real cars
well, yes, they aren't known by to many people
Quote from herki :Whereas the RAC (RaceAbout '02) and the MRT 5 already are real cars
well, yes, they aren't known by to many people

Shoosh you. Though I guess they are a good example of positive advertising LFS creates, I didn't know they existed until I got LFS.
clearly it's been talked about quite a bit before, but I wouldn't pay one extra cent to have more "real" cars in the game. Who cares?
#15 - Woz
With car licencing comes restrictions and other issues. Look at the Play Station GT series of games. No damage in GT3/4 because the car manufacturers did not want their cars bashed up in virtual world.

There are all sorts of isues that surface when you licence cars that need to be taken into account.
What about the arial atom? That is created by a small company!
I once tried to ask Ariel about this, but my email never got answered, and then I got sidetracked and forgot to chase it. I'll have another go (unofficially of course).
I think its cool that they arent real cars to be honest. You can use your imagination, for example the FZ... some people liken it to a Carrera, some to a Ferrari sommat or other. same again with the UF. Oh happy days
Quote from coskun_bulent :I know that mant things have been spoken about this issue but ant time I drive or watch how was the race, I always wish to see for example a Mercedes SLR, Lamborghini Mucielago, Ferrrari F430, Aston Martin DB9, Corvette C5 or C6 something like this.

Why ?

The cars, present in Lfs, covers a wide array of racing cars. The whole idea about Lfs, is the online racing part and the human counterparts out there. It is not about the cars, like the wannabe simulators, people are used too !?

For me, the cars and tracks in Lfs, are just as real, as the cars and tracks IRL. The big difference is : I have driven all the cars in lfs, on every track there (Nearly !) The IRL tracks and cars, I have only seen on mý television.

Following my thinking, the Lfs cars and tracks "are more real" than IRL cars/tracks, to me !?

Let the devs finish their task, and then ask for thingies like that. Maby the possibillity will be present in the S3 final version !? - Who knows where this sim ends up !
Quote from coskun_bulent :I know that mant things have been spoken about this issue but ant time I drive or watch how was the race, I always wish to see for example a Mercedes SLR, Lamborghini Mucielago, Ferrrari F430, Aston Martin DB9, Corvette C5 or C6 something like this.

self censorhip
It would be SICK to have an Ariel Atom!

Tristan, send the e-mail again. Please.
Quote from tristancliffe :I once tried to ask Ariel about this, but my email never got answered, and then I got sidetracked and forgot to chase it. I'll have another go (unofficially of course).

try hawk about the hf3000 m8 or corsa with their version

i'm sure you'd be a very happy man if they said yes
The Hawk is NOT a Stratos, it is cheap replica, and as such I could never condone it's inclusion in anything, real or sim based

But if Eric is a Stratos fan (who knows) I can send photos, measurements etc as and when Or Old F3 cars.

I'll try pestering Ariel again then... might take a while though, and even if I get them to say yes there's no guarantee WHATSOEVER that the devs themselves will be interested. All I MIGHT be able to do is get Ariel and Scawen/Victor/Eric talking with a common interest.
Somehow related to this topic, rFactor somehow got Panoz Esperante (damn ugly car btw). Dunno did they pay something or what, probably same kind of win-win deal like LFS has with MRT & RAC.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG