The online racing simulator
old version archive
(15 posts, started )
old version archive
Does anybody know of an archive of old LFS versions, I'm after an early version of S2 to watch a replay but the official archive only has versions of S1
I think they're still all on the server, you just need to know (or guess) the correct filename.
How hard would it be to code the game compatible to replays from older versions?

Not sarcastic tone, just an honest question.
Quote from Theafro :Does anybody know of an archive of old LFS versions, I'm after an early version of S2 to watch a replay but the official archive only has versions of S1

Or Google the filename, works too for some versions.
Quote from frokki :How hard would it be to code the game compatible to replays from older versions?

Practically not possible, afaik. Scawen would have to know exactly what he changed each version (if he has the sourcecode from each version that's okay, but if not, consider this impossible), and then you'd have to incorporate all physics models that ever existed into LFS and automatically select the correct one for each replay.
Here, have a look in the archive

Archive

edit: Hmm, the links are gone :/
All I can do is give a list of version names and numbers I have stored.
#9 - ORION
Quote from frokki :How hard would it be to code the game compatible to replays from older versions?

it would be a waste of time to make a version that has all phsics versions in it, i rather suggest someone makes a small tool that installs "light" versions of all lfs releases, and then read the replay and play it using the correct version...

like orion said, all the code for all previous versions would have to be included in the .exe AND a lot of data files as well (eg. track updates).

Makes it really messy.
Quote from Victor :like orion said, all the code for all previous versions would have to be included in the .exe AND a lot of data files as well (eg. track updates).

Makes it really messy.

Ok, thanks . A mess, indeed - completely against LFS's principles.
i'll have a look about, i didn't do a particularly thourogh web search, but i'll give blackhole a try

or vic could put S2P up for download unless it's a space issue, although it IS a bit pointless, I'm just feeling nostalgic (I bet the S2 tyres will feel like crap now )
thanks mate! it's on there, along with a few DT versions

i checked out BHM BTW, not there, but i've got it now, thanks all

old version archive
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG