The online racing simulator
LFSLazy
(1573 posts, started )
Quote from JackCY :Setups... kaput (you can export setups from SPR, MPR and also get them live by being on a server)
Fuel... kaput (read LFS memory space?)

Scawen should really update LFS...

Ah well.. Doesn't really matter. Daniel could be a little bit more responsible but now its too late. The professional leagues are already non existent anymore and I don't expect a return of anything of that .. These dirty developments are a deal breaker but not really -the- deal breaker. So its not that important anymore, it probably further degrades until a point is reached that something has to be done (like the nearly invisible grip hack). We will see.
Personally I think that Daniel is rather in the light side of the force here. Setup/fuel ripping was possible since the very beginning, just that it was limited to those who could figure out how to do that.

For the sake of true competition you should ask devs to implement ability to keep simulation in sync without sending the setup data. Is it possible? Yes. Will it work any good for close racing? I doubt.
It's not a priority at the moment, it's graphics and VR. Which is OK, seen from a sim perspective. Not from an online racing perspective. Probably also has something to do with selling licenses. The market for online racing is pretty much saturated at this point. The market for VR is fresh.

You are not making any money with trying to secure setups, memory space etc. Result? Lowest priority.
Also, I really don't see much advantage in knowing other people's engine damage and fuel, experienced racer can calculate it in his head, and newbie will not get any faster.. I was happy that Daniel added this feature, because you could easily watch, if anyone is cheating fuel or engine damage.. The setup ripping is a problem tho, but we cannot do anything with it..
It might be a strategic advantage to know the fuel of others in endurance races, but nowadays it doesn't really matter that much anway...
As some of you may have already noticed, those kinky features have been removed ...

Is there anything else you want me to remove? I've heard that radar gives unfair advantage.
Lol no dawen
As I've recently found LX cars very attractive and fun to drive (I wonder why so late! Big grin ), decided to make some better dash for it:

DANIEL-CRO, is it possible to make a working oil pressure gauge?
As far as I know oil pressure gauge isn't actually oil pressure, but it's a fake gauge meaning it's at 100% when engine is on and 0% when engine is off. I believe the reason behind that is due to pressure (in OutGauge) always being zero.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :As far as I know oil pressure gauge isn't actually oil pressure, but it's a fake gauge meaning it's at 100% when engine is on and 0% when engine is off. I believe the reason behind that is due to pressure (in OutGauge) always being zero.

It actually depends on engine RPM, just as in real cars. Though the value is not reported or simulated in any way, just have some animation to make it a bit more realistic.
First, nice one Big grin

Quote :working oil pressure gauge?

It may be easier to have a 2nd analog RPM (with -why not?- fixed max. value) to mimic the fuel press.

e: ...too slow
This thread needs a list of all gauges created on the first post or a new thread for gauges only.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :I've heard that radar gives unfair advantage.

I use AONIO's radar panel as my FOV doesn't cover the mirrors, and looking left and right tends to make me wobble about - it's as much for other drivers' sake as mine.
-
(1303s_vortech) DELETED by 1303s_vortech
Up Big grin

Next, Défi cluster(s).
XFR_S2K-CR in memory of BBRV's AP1.5

Download(MediaFire)
This one wasn't planned so soon as it's not possible to make needles bigger than 128x128 px, ty Daniel for the trick (see below) Wink
Also, 9000 rpm soon available

Quote :For now you can quickly achieve 1.4 times bigger needles,
put -45° (anticlockwise) rotation to needle(s) so it ends in the upper left corner of the area and then use this "new" space to stretch it (see rpmD, fuelD, etc...).
You also have to add +45 degrees to min/max angles.

DANIEL STOP! BAD new version x( why cant see any players on hud Fuel, Engine damage etc? why?! Back old version i need please! my backup version is gone!...
Quote from GT4_PL :DANIEL STOP! BAD new version x( why cant see any players on hud Fuel, Engine damage etc? why?! Back old version i need please! my backup version is gone!...

Thank JackCY :P
I liked to watch how much others destroy their engines due to bad downshifting... And what can I do now?
Whole online experience lost sense.

Yes, I am serious :P
Quote from R@fiXII : what can I do now?

...What being thankful for what's left (and what could be further added...) ?

Btw, I would bet these removed features weren't that much popular in league racing anyway...

e:
Quote :At least the engine damage should stay.

Its the same for trip meter, consumption some other ones, but let's guess Daniel was a little zealous to end complaints.
At least the engine damage should stay.
Quote from nacim :This thread needs a list of all gauges created on the first post or a new thread for gauges only.

It has already been suggested quite few times. There still isn't much dashes, so I'm afraid that thread (or whatever) may sit empty. However it will be good to have separate place to discuss dashboards, what people like and don't like, improvement suggestions, ... At the moment I have no intention to start such a thread due to already mentioned reason and a lack of time. Feel free to make a thread and I will link it in first post.

Quote from Racon :
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :I've heard that radar gives unfair advantage.

I use AONIO's radar panel as my FOV doesn't cover the mirrors, and looking left and right tends to make me wobble about - it's as much for other drivers' sake as mine.

LFSLazy's Radar provide much more detailed view in situation even though all data is retrieved for InSim. Some people believe it is not realistic to have such a view... Infact I got quite few PMs regarding this.
Good Smile
I've added link to the first post.
hmm lfslazy w0rks g00d for u?
thanks for the great program man, i'm using it on 6G and since the first time i got no problem with it.

this is how my XRT looks from inside

LFSLazy
(1573 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG