The online racing simulator
Force Feedback in other racing simulators
(3 posts, started )
Hi guys,

I am currently doing a study on different types of racing simulators for a school project. One of the criteria I've set up is the quality of the force feedback. Would you guys be able to share your experiences/thoughts on these sims with LFS or perhaps Assetto Corsa as a benchmark?

- RACER
- CarSim
- X-Motor Racing
- rFactor
- TORCS
- Live For Speed
- Assetto Corsa
RSRBR !!!!!!

Force Feedback depends on settings within the wheel configuration and the physical/mechanical limitations of the hardware/software.

What rules have you established to review the 'quality' of Force feedback. Is this subjective or objective ?

Rant, rant, etc.......

You need to be far more specific in your desired outcomes, etc, etc.....

Bluntly, 1/10 for the first draft of your project. Looking forward to seeing your second draft which I'm sure will address these and other issues.

It's constructive feedback, you'll be thankful later Smile
Subjective is fine because force feedback is personal preference. It's just that I don't have my wheel or rig on campus :P I've always liked to take a car out for a spin and see if I'm able to hold a drift and that's always been a fine indicator.

Perhaps, comment on the below.

Is the driver able to "feel" the weight transfer of the vehicle?
Are the forces on the wheel feel dynamic or do they feel like they are just pre-recorded effects?

Standard hardware: something like DFGT or G27.

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG