The online racing simulator
My PC keeps resetting when I turn it off and I can't play LFS, Help!!!
Ok So this is probably going to lead to me buying a new computer but for now, I'll explain the issue. A few weeks back I had reinstalled windows and everything was fine... right until I turned it off. I come back the next day and bam, it was as if I had to reconfigure everything all over again as it didn't save any setting or config made after reinstalling windows.

I've since reformatted completely, even changed hard drives, the onboard battery, wiped the entire registry clean, and reinstalled the 5-6 programs I use regularly: (LFS, Skype, Mozilla, Opera, Comodo, and MalwareBytes). Everything works just as it would normally but once I turn it off, it resets to its default state. This doesn't happen when I set it to sleep or hibernation mode as it doesn't turn off the computer completely. It only happens when it shuts down.

I work with computers a lot and never encountered this problem. I assume it is either a virus or setting of some kind which I'm overlooking. I've tried everything I know of aside from buying a new computer which I'm about to do as I don't see any alternative. Frown

Any ideas or suggestions guys? Thanks in advance!
What version of windows?
It's XP SP3. This can't be good. lol

It's fixed although it took a bit of time to fix. It was a root shell that binded directly to my regedit exe file so anytime a key was changed or added, it triggered the bug.

Fix: had to set attributes for entire registry to "open view / open access" for "everyone", and set registry permission to "full control" on the main user account, on "system", and on everyone. At that point, use ProcessMonitor, MalwareBytes, and Kapersky's rootkit removal tool.

I just finished reinstalling windows and checked if it would save before I unlocked LFS. It works fine now. Big grin
I would not install that program again. I would bet money it's causing problems of it's own.

From http://www.shouldiremoveit.com ... re-PRO-64429-program.aspx

Other programs by IObit
Advanced SystemCare 7
Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6
Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 7
Advanced SystemCare 5
Advanced SystemCare 3
Advanced SystemCare 4
Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2013
Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2012
Advanced WindowsCare Personal
Advanced Spyware Remover