The online racing simulator
Symbols not recognized.
(8 posts, started )
Symbols not recognized.
How can I print out symbols in a button on screen. Problem is that when I copy from LFS symbols like arrows and put them in code, after I launch InSim those symbols on screen are just something that is not recognized. Im looking for arrow symbols that I can use with my insim.

Thank you.
I don't think arrows are, like most symbols, UTF-8 characters, which is required for your insim.

Best you can do is greater/lesser than symbols (< >) along with a dash or two to make arrows, like
->
<-

or even
>>>>>
<<<<<

Nothing to stop you making these oversized compared to your normal text.

With a bit of imagination, you should be able to come up with something....see my YouTube video or attached image for some signs I've made.
Attached images
LFS Road Signs.jpg
Actually, i think you can, if you use the correct bytes.
←↑→↓↔↕↖↗↘↙
Those arrows are present in the LFS font.
The url encoded LFS string for those arrows is :
%5EJ%81%A9%81%AA%81%A8%81%AB%5EK%A1%EA%A2%D5%A2%D8%A2%D6%A2%D9%A2%D7
It's url encoded because otherwise a lot of characters would be messed up in utf8 conversion (the forum uses utf8).
So decode that and you'll get the literal LFS string that you could try in your insim app.

Or try one arrow .. I think that's %5EJ%81%A9 for the first one.
You can already see it selects the japanese codepage (%5EJ = ^J) and then there are two bytes for the character (0x81 0xA9).

Hope that helps. Thought it was interesting Smile
Thank you all! Got it working.
Vic, can we get a glyph map for the LFS Font?
Would be so much easier if LFS supported UTF-8 or at least UCS-2, instead of the custom flag to select encoding. Some data structures and network packets would have to increase in size, but it's not 2004 any more :-)
-
(Flame CZE) DELETED by Flame CZE

Symbols not recognized.
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG