The online racing simulator
question about catalytic converter on touring race car
WTCC 320si

CTCC Civic 1.6T (TC2 Engine)

most of works team racing touring car are put a twin catalytic on the exit of exhaust, why they do this & y don't just make it direct exhaust without catalytic? :?:

关于赛车用三元催化排气管,主要起到净化尾气的作用,尽可能把尾气污染降到最低。对于大排量赛事来说,这非常重要,比赛必须以环保低碳的环境理念来展开。当然这可能会增加一些资金来针对排放。f1里的动能回收系统,drs可动尾翼也是如此。
About the car with the ternary catalytic exhaust pipe, mainly have the effect of purifying exhaust gas, exhaust pollution to a minimum as much as possible.For large displacement event, it is very important, the game must come with the environmental protection low carbon environment concept.Of course, this may increase some of the money for emissions.The kinetic energy recovery system in the f1, DRS movable rear wing, too.
Regulations.
I am ignorant!
Is that really a cat?
Why is it mounted at the end of the pipe?
I thought they needed a certain amount of heat to operate effectively?
I have seen motorbikes use gauze at the pipe exit and I believe that is to stop debris entering the pipe in the event of an accident.
Quote from Anthoop :I am ignorant!
Is that really a cat?
Why is it mounted at the end of the pipe?
I thought they needed a certain amount of heat to operate effectively?
I have seen motorbikes use gauze at the pipe exit and I believe that is to stop debris entering the pipe in the event of an accident.

answer from other forum

Quote :It is in the rules. Article 263 of Appendix J

"The exhaust system is free downstream of the turbocharger. All vehicles must be equipped with a homologated catalytic converter, the position of which is free. The exhaust gases must, at all times, pass through the catalytic converter"

Quote :and the gas has cooled down by the time it reaches the tailpipe, so the velocity through the cat will be less, so the backpressure will be less.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG