The online racing simulator
Don't need to have a bad computer to be easily maxed out by cpu in ac. With i5 4440 I get easily that cpu warning if I try to race too many ai.
I still get stuttering sometimes, doesn't matter what track or car or anything, it is during online race usually. Last time it did with 458 GT2 on Spa.

Still can't figure out how to save online race replays, sure I've seen qualify or some such but not race and after it restarts to qualify after race that temporary replay file is the qualification..

I hoped they added more things in a year but it seems like not much.

Currently looking for mods because the bare game doesn't do much yet. Basic things missing.
Quote from Hyperactive :Don't need to have a bad computer to be easily maxed out by cpu in ac. With i5 4440 I get easily that cpu warning if I try to race too many ai.

Ray didn't use ai. just sp practice. It just seems like his athlon isn't good enough.
He should be happy that his AMD CPU didn't catch on fire.
Quote from Bose321 :He should be happy that his AMD CPU didn't catch on fire.

I'm more surprised that his parents haven't shut his computer off for the 3kW PSU that his AMD CPU requires (to still run 4 times slower than a i5)
how old are we again, guys?

regarding CPUs, I still only have an Phenom II X2, and never got the dreaded CPU Warning. if AC lags its always down to graphic card (Simtraxx Pikes Peak and Post Processing = 2 fps at starting area)
With AI, 23 opponents, maximum difficulty, easy and CPU is around 60-65% total usage, maximum single core usage around 80-85%. Comparing to playing online I don't see a difference when using AI in terms of CPU usage.

---

So far I have renamed it to Arcade Corsa until they remove the hidden assistants that probably still can't be turned off If anyone knows how let me know pls. I'm not talking about the user assistants that can be setup in the launcher but the assistants hidden by Kunos in the game, notably they are from my experience a less aggressive version of TC, ABS that's 100% and can be seen on the Kunos pedals app too when they get applied. But also it seems to me sometimes there is a hidden SC as well. Maybe these hidden assistants don't get used when using a wheel/gamepad/some other controller but they are 100% there when using a keyboard and mouse. Disappointed, AC = NFS As said before even easier to drive than rFactor.
I hope they allow us to turn these hidden assistant off soon.

Until then, it's still only LFS and probably rFactor that can turn all assistants off.
Quote from ACCAkut :how old are we again, guys?

regarding CPUs, I still only have an Phenom II X2, and never got the dreaded CPU Warning. if AC lags its always down to graphic card (Simtraxx Pikes Peak and Post Processing = 2 fps at starting area)

Phenom II X3 here that can do a whole race with that warning on screen
Though it is true that is shown when 4+ AI cars are loaded and not an usual thing on multiplayer races. Anyway, I refuse to play much while I have to run it very minimum graphic settings due to my card, but the game (when they don't screw an update) runs fine.
Quote from JackCY :With AI, 23 opponents, maximum difficulty, easy and CPU is around 60-65% total usage, maximum single core usage around 80-85%. Comparing to playing online I don't see a difference when using AI in terms of CPU usage.

---

So far I have renamed it to Arcade Corsa until they remove the hidden assistants that probably still can't be turned off If anyone knows how let me know pls. I'm not talking about the user assistants that can be setup in the launcher but the assistants hidden by Kunos in the game, notably they are from my experience a less aggressive version of TC, ABS that's 100% and can be seen on the Kunos pedals app too when they get applied. But also it seems to me sometimes there is a hidden SC as well. Maybe these hidden assistants don't get used when using a wheel/gamepad/some other controller but they are 100% there when using a keyboard and mouse. Disappointed, AC = NFS As said before even easier to drive than rFactor.
I hope they allow us to turn these hidden assistant off soon.

Until then, it's still only LFS and probably rFactor that can turn all assistants off.

If you can show it/prove on a video then make a video about it. Even better, you can compare your "video evidence" to telemetry to show there is a difference. Just go do it. Shoo, off you go. Videos making nomnomnom!
Screw facts, yay conjecture!
Hyperactive: video about what? The hidden assistants or AI not being crazy on my CPU?

The hidden assistants are known, just not something they share on the front page when they try to market it as a sim but they did admit to it on their forum that they force assistants on keyboard and mouse. I can't say if they force them on wheels and pedals too since I don't have a wheel/pedals or a virtual one here right now.
But I can find people complaining about TC mostly as that one is the most annoying of these hidden assistants. There is hidden ABS for sure as well, and I believe even a bit of SC.

If you want a video of it, they are on YouTube already.
It is known. Have I heard that somewhere. Yes, it was in that tv show about fantasy. You know, fantasy, in other words not real?

Video about the:
Quote from JackCY :the assistants hidden by Kunos in the game, notably they are from my experience a less aggressive version of TC, ABS that's 100% and can be seen on the Kunos pedals app too when they get applied.

Those things.

Spoiler - click to revealI still give you props for that got reference *nods*
Start AC, set controls to mouse + keyboard, select practice, select custom profile and set TC, ABS, SC off.
Now take a rear happy car with a decent power. Start.
Open pedals app, the one that shows you the bars clutch blue, brake red, gas green and FF gray.
Step on gas anywhere on track even in pits, let it rev in neutral all the way up and hold gas, look at the gas in the pedals app, drop in first gear and you will see the gas is suddenly not applied to max but only to about 60-70% as the hidden TC kicks in. The same happens if you drift the hidden TC will kick in.
Now if you brake heavily with a car that has strong brakes the red bar will jump up and down and brakes don't get applied 100%, sure the wheels may be already locking up quite a bit but there is still a hidden ABS. If you have hard time to notice it, try braking on grass or while spinning or even when standing still it doesn't apply brake to max.

Unfortunately they have so far ignored this with: "as designed". So yeah, it's designed as arcade with assistants :/
I'll try make a video maybe because it's really boring to explain it to people over and over again who simply do not want to believe because they never did much racing with mouse and keyboard.

This is my setting:

This is full gas (key pressed) with wheels spinning, you can see that gas doesn't get applied to full because a hidden assistant is reducing it.

Same thing with brake, key pressed and car is still yet a hidden assistant is reducing applied brake force, this of course happens when braking into corners as well etc.

---

Ok just from the screenshot I see another bug, the speedometer doesn't show true wheel speed so when wheels are spinning but car is standing the speed is zero instead of the true wheel speed say 60-80km/h when torturing the 1st gear.
Wheel speed, when derived mechanically, is often on the undriven wheels. So burnouts show zero speed.

Turning off assists in the menu turns off the extra assists. But a car with ABS and TC still has ABS and TC unless you turn them off on the car itself. Just like if you don't like ABS in real life, but you a drive a car with ABS you still have ABS.
Why would a F40 have those though...
K, did some testing. There does seem to be some kind of aid for keyboard users that reduces your throttle to about 80% if you get lots of wheelspin. on a wheel there is no such aid or it is not shown in the pedal app. In both cases I had turned all aids off except autoclutch.

I tried my own jag and the 312t. On keyboard when doing a burnout from standing start or from 120kph the throttle is cut to 80% or so. Because it happens at higher speeds it is not the slow speed physics issue. With wheel and just autoclutch on the throttle pedal app showed no shehanigans.
I guess it's one of the things they added for keyboard players. A shitty unrealistic control method is hardly going to be a realistic and unfettered experience. If they truly allowed digital inputs for steering, throttle, brake and clutch then it would be pretty rubbish.

At first I didn't realise this was a complaint by someone using an inappropriate controller, but now I have, I care even less about his opinion.
Quote from tristancliffe :I guess it's one of the things they added for keyboard players. A shitty unrealistic control method is hardly going to be a realistic and unfettered experience. If they truly allowed digital inputs for steering, throttle, brake and clutch then it would be pretty rubbish.

At first I didn't realise this was a complaint by someone using an inappropriate controller, but now I have, I care even less about his opinion.

lol, inappropriate, in LFS and other games mouse and keys are just fine :P
Come on cargame S2 sometimes, I'll show you how appropriate it is There were and maybe still are even WRs in LFS with mouse and keys. It's hardly an inappropriate method of control, it is very much usable plus you don't have to move and mount a wheel every time you want to play.

tristancliffe: I think it's from the transmission but there sure are cars that have it linked to front wheels instead like WV Beetle.

Hyperactive: yeah that seems to be the hidden assistants
@JackCY
Use a control proxy to fake an analog input to get rid of the assist, and enjoy.

I do agree that such hidden assist sucks.

BTW, AC uses two layers of assists. The first layer which is shown to be off in your post is the normal assist function which filters your input channels. The second layer is the car-specific assist layer which is intended to simulate real digital assist functions on the car, and might be able to recreate the behavior of certain active systems realistically. It's actually a pretty nice design, but can be confusing for people used to other sims that mix them. It looks like the first layer is forced to be partly on when keyboard is used.
Thanks, I know, I will do that if Kunos doesn't fix it. At least I hope it is still possible because most of the emulation tools seemed kind of old and I'm not sure how well they will work on Win8.1 x64.
For a sim racing game though I expect to not have hidden assistants in it at all/be able to turn assists off. rFactor had plethora of assistants but they could be easily turned off.
Quote from JackCY :Thanks, I know, I will do that if Kunos doesn't fix it. At least I hope it is still possible because most of the emulation tools seemed kind of old and I'm not sure how well they will work on Win8.1 x64.
For a sim racing game though I expect to not have hidden assistants in it at all/be able to turn assists off. rFactor had plethora of assistants but they could be easily turned off.

hey you are trying to play a sim in unrealistic way, if LFS or rF have proper mouse support it doesnt mean that two are more realistic, you can't complain about hidden assist because this is a sim and a sim are made to be driven with proper stuffs, you are lucky enough that kunos have some sort of mouse support so you can test the game with your mouse, but you can't judge a sim with it.

there is a fast people playing with mouse in lfs, and personally i was mouse user in the past, I think lfs have some physics flaw ( like other sim ) and those flaws help me a lot to catch some wheel users, but that require very unrealistic driving style to be fast with mouse, maybe that will change with physics update.
One page about someone complaining that keyboard and mouse driving are not SIM enough ??? Is this for real?
Quote from JackCY :...There were and maybe still are even WRs in LFS with mouse and keys. It's hardly an inappropriate method of control, it is very much usable plus you don't have to move and mount a wheel every time you want to play...

Are you trying to convince anyone that a mouse and a keyboard is the best combo for playing racing sims?
No, I was explaining to those who didn't know that yes AC has hidden assistants that can't be turned off at the moment. But it's sort of like explaining to religious fanatics who believe that earth is flat that it's actually round.

I don't care about what anyone chooses to use as control but apparently some people can't stomach that someone can use mouse and keys to control a car in a game.
Quote from JackCY :
I don't care about what anyone chooses to use as control but apparently some people can't stomach that someone can use mouse and keys to control a car in a game.

No, people can't stomach that you're bashing a sim based on MOUSE driving.
It has hidden assistance for MOUSE and KEYBOARD, underline it cause someone could misread that.
Get a freakin wheel, if you're into simming then it's a must have, it costs just the same as one of those gaming mice.

Btw, still hating this new forum.. Where the hell is multi-quote.

To be a bit on topic, me having fun in a Monaco conversion. Honestly, good enough..

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG