The online racing simulator
displaying the real number of laps driven in a race..
Hi ,

in our league we also use a safety car procedure.
It brings back the action and keeps the number of racers in the race higher as racers do not quit after they got stuck and reset is not allowed.

But there is no use to call for a Safety Car 2 laps before the end of the race..
And sometimes even I am some laps down and have no idea what lap the leaders are in when someone calls for the safety car.

Is there a tool/method I can use to display the number of laps the leader is in?
I have now Ario and racedirector running on the server.

Thank you in advance for the help I get !

admin
liveforspeed.be league
http://www.liveforspeed.be
I guess you could make a quick plugin for PRISM that would count the number of LAP packets you get for each PLID, and just don't reset it until the session is over. That would tell you the true number of laps done by each player. But if that is the case, you'd might as well also throw out the timing and scoring board as well, because only the application would know the true number of laps done according to your own rule set, and thus you might run into a situation on a 1000 lap race, where some clients are truely doing more laps that then because of a reset. That would effectively change the order of the cars for the finish position as well.
Hi thx for the quick replay ! .. But I don't understand a lot of what your saying
I can say we do not run races of more then 1000 laps
Normally we race around 50 laps max.
If you have an free extra screen, laptop, smartphone or tablet then you could use that to watch LFSremote or the server's race progress page.
That would not require any new software, but hardware.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG