The online racing simulator
windows Tasks Scheduler problem
(7 posts, started )
Hi, I have no problem running DCon.exe directly (double click) and joining it. However, whenever I try to make it run at windows startup with "tasks scheduler" DCon.exe start (because it is listed in the active processes of windows) but doesn't show up in the ingame server browser or at lfsworld and I cannot connect to it even with "Join specifics hosts" even in LAN.
Is this a common problem? Any workaround?

I searched the forum but couldn't seems to find anything related to task schedulers.
I'm guessing that LFS started but then returns an error relating to not being able to find files it needs anb then waits until you press a key. But you may not see that message if DCon.exe is hidden. It could explain why you see it in your list of processes, but cannot join it.
This error could be caused by LFS not knowing its working directory when it's started via alternate means. Check if you can explicitely set the working directly to the LFS path, in the startup command.
You could double check by reading the LFS log files. If there's nothing at all, it's surely a wrong working directory. Otherwise you may see the error listed in the logs.
Sir, you're a genius.
Turns out it was the working directory not properly set.
Thanks, its now working like a charm.
Cheers !
Hey, sir!
Sorry again but, it seems to work only because I manually started the tasks. (with the working directory added). Now it turns out that if manually started it works.
However If I restart the box, same issues.
The only thing that changed is that with the working directory added, when i Manually start the tasks it works, but if the box is rebooted, I have the same problem.
I tried with "at startup" and "at log on" nothing seems to works.
And I looked in the lfs directory for logs files, found nothing?
I'm sorry, but I've no idea. I'm not really familiar with services in windows :/
#6 - Jakg
What's the OS? Could it be being run as a different user that doesn't have permissions to access the directory?
Sorry for the delay.
Windows server 2008 r2.
run as administrator.
:/

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG