The online racing simulator
Mountain Bike Shocks stuck down
(7 posts, started )
I removed the spring from my rockshox absorbers from the front fork on my mountain bike, in order to do so, I needed to remove the cap and then press down slightly, this would cause the shocks to compress and the spring to come up.

Now the shocks are compressed and they are stuck. I've tried to free them by pulling upwards whilst standing on the handlebars when the bike is upside down but they are still stuck.

I am unsure on the exact model of the shocks, I have taken a few pictures which will hopefully explain the problem better. The spring which is shown in the picture is meant to sit fully in the shocks, however it sticks out at the top, this is because of the shocks being compressed down, I have tried pulling on the fork but they will not budge. Would taking the seals (shown in the picture) help me free up the shocks so I can put the spring back in?

How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Edward.

Pictures:
Attached images
1.jpg
IMG_20141120_192235625.jpg
IMG_20141120_192326149.jpg
edit: I just realized you're having issues getting it back down, not out. Sorry, can't help there.
Thanks for the help but I still cant pull them off even when i try to dissemble them...if I can't get them off using a rubber mallet or some other type of hammer than how will I get them to decompress again?
Is there a valve/screw on the bottom of the shocks (where the the wheel attaches) if so undo that to allow air in so you can then lift the dampers back up
Quote from Racer X NZ :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI_ojrZ2HIw

Don't know if these are the same model as yours but try google if they're much different.

Those shocks are very different to his. The only similarity is the brand being the same. What you see in that video is an airshock, he has a coil shock (spring). I know you are trying to be helpful, but at least look at his pictures.
As I said, try google if they're different. I.e. Type the model into Google, or, type "rockshok coil spring service" or something similar.

Or take them to a shop if you really don't have a clue.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG