The online racing simulator
Video editor recommendation
(5 posts, started )
Maybe sounds like advertisment, but think it is relevant for this subforum. (and I have nothing to do with that program)

In short: If you are looking for easy to use video editor, or just wish Windows Movie Maker would suck a bit less, then try this one: http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/

Since years I had been searching for a decent video editor program.

Basically what I wanted was quite simple:
-Editing via timeline. (I do not mind scripting like with Avisynth but for "creative working" it is too cumbersome.)
-Easy to learn interface.
-Speed up video clips. (So that one can record LFS in 0.5x and then speed up to 2x to get smoother footage.)
-Preview that actually works. Most importantly, some editors played speed-up clips at original speed which makes it impossible to work with.
-Not crash/hang when working with big projects files.
-Be able to use clips recorded with FRAPS and OpenBroadcaster.
-Free or cheap.
-For Windows.
-Export in some non-idiotic format.

In most videos I just want to apply 200% speedup and then arrange the clips.
So these two things were most important to me.

Does not seem like that high requirements, but despite trying dozens of programs could never find anything decent.

For some time the program that came closest was actually Windows Movie Maker so I used that. However, it has the annoying bug that it is unable to export too large projects.
So basically I just wanted "a better Movie Maker."

Then I found:
http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/
One can buy a license but for private non-commerical use it is free.

It does all the above and has some nice extra things, like multiple video/audio tracks and transparency and picture-in-picture. For test I made a project with 60 GB of clips and it was still possible to edit and export, without hanging up. Of course there is sometimes short waiting times but think that is unavoidable when working with large files. But the test made confident enough that the program is somewhat stable.
I think it will be close to impossible to find a program with all of this that is free. But you could always pirate Adobe Premiere Pro or After Effects...
Maybe misunderstanding: I found a program that does all of this and is free
Just wanted to show/recommend it because maybe others have similiar needs.
Thanks
Oh, haha. I must have been half asleep when I read the first post, sorry
-
(blancheroberts) DELETED by Flame CZE : spam

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG