The online racing simulator
Well hey, I can't argue with that logic.
Also iOS is capable of wireless levitation, unlike Nokias. Makes the weight irrelevant.
iOS is for hipsters. =D
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Did it come with a 20% off Starbucks card?

Real hipsters don't go to Starbucks. Hipsters have migrated to whatever coffee shop serves organic fair trade coffee grown in Cuba.
Let's face it - all OS are actually crap,so why pay twice as much for the bitten apple?
-
Quote from Eclipsed :so why pay twice as much for the bitten apple?

Because it's at least twice as reliable, stable and secure?
Secure? Tell it to icloud users!
Quote from Eclipsed :Secure? Tell it to icloud users!

It is secure. iCloud wasn't hacked. People have shitty passwords and don't enable additional security features like 2 factor authentication.

Yes, it's easy to flame and say that iCloud was hacked, but that's untrue. Apple added more security to make social engineering less effective, and made non-tech savvy people even more aware that two factor auth exists and is effective.

The weakest link in every security scheme becomes people.

Hacked refers to servers being accessed without authorization. iCloud servers weren't accessed without authorization.
-
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The weakest link in every security scheme becomes people.

especially the ones that work at apple as programmers
Yes, because Apple programmers allowed celebs to have their passwords phished...
Quote from dawesdust_12 :People have shitty passwords

So with other words - most icrap users are not too bright between ears?
Quote from Eclipsed :
Quote from dawesdust_12 :People have shitty passwords

So with other words - most icrap users are not too bright between ears?

I don't know why I bother. No matter what intelligent argument I provide, the idiots just come back with useless responses.

EVERYBODY, other than those that use password managers with auto-generated passwords like 1Password, has a bad password. Most of us use a password that's partially (or entirely) based upon a dictionary word. Although easier is to get you to login to "ŁFS.net" and get your password that way. A good password manager prevents as it does domain checking and will not give a password to a phishing site.

You also need to remember that the vast majority of users, be it Windows, OS X, Android or iOS are not tech savvy users. They fall victim to super obvious phishing scams due to lack of education or lack of awareness. Even users who are tech savvy do sometimes fall victim to phishing attacks, to claim you are immune simply means you are not smart, but instead naïve.
Dustin, I've got your nude pics.
But not because iCloud is unsafe, but because he sent them to you. Duh.
Daniel offers special services.
Go on guys.
"Last purchases thread huh? I'm sure we'll find mature level-headed and platform neutral discussion there"

-
Mayhaps more enforced moderation would be in order regarding blatant trolling, which is pretty rampant on LFSF - even if the offtopic subforum isn't and shouldn't always be taken as the most serious place.

Anyways:

Sorry if this is off-topic as well, but I'm looking for a few cables. I've got 3 3.5mm jack cables molded into one, but it's a little short. Do they even make those cables somewhere, or should I go for 3 seperate cables?
Quote from Matrixi :Mayhaps more enforced moderation would be in order regarding blatant trolling, which is pretty rampant on LFSF - even if the offtopic subforum isn't and shouldn't always be taken as the most serious place.

The problem that I find with over-aggressive moderation is that the moderators end up exhibiting their personal biases much more obviously than subtle moderation.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Yes - it's called marketing,it's pretty huge department at apple I guess,well they have tons of spare money for that,since they sell their product for such price.
probably because huawei is way too busy designing and manufacturing pretty much every base station sold today to seriously bother with the much lower margings of consumer celular devices
Quote from Eclipsed :Yes - it's called marketing,it's pretty huge department at apple I guess,well they have tons of spare money for that,since they sell their product for such price.

High quality devices that are well made out of real materials like metal and glass should be more expensive than plastic garbage.
What's wrong with plastic? Why would I need a phone made from metal? And why they are making phones so "durable" to last for 10 years if they release a new one every year which every trademark slave must buy just to stay in trend?
I have one of these your called plastic garbages from China - a Huawei. After 2 years it has a minor scratch on display and some impact marks on 2 edges from falling on concrete floor,once even from 2m height. And I'm not carrying it in foamed protective case,but just in pocket,I use it in work (I'm electrician,renovating appartments etc) - not just as a communication device,but also as flashlight or viewing unaccessible areas using camera. And the plastic garbage has survived all the abuse,so why bother making it from some "expensive" metal?
-

Post your Last Purchase!
(7003 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG