The online racing simulator
GT1C 2014: Rules
You can find the 2014 Genuine Racing GT1 Challenge rulebook here.

If you find any errors of spelling, numbering, or loopholes in the rules, please let me know.
Since we found out in the passed years that the rolling starts do more harm than good, why don't we have standing starts? Imo it adds to the fun, and it is a bit more safe.

Also FXR, can gain a lot during these as well..

My 2 cents.
Ey Dom, if I change my mind about the car choice before the start of the 1st PreQ, can I actually change it?
Quote from Dennis93 :Since we found out in the passed years that the rolling starts do more harm than good, why don't we have standing starts? Imo it adds to the fun, and it is a bit more safe.

Also FXR, can gain a lot during these as well..

My 2 cents.

We've always used rolling starts, except for 3 races in GT Masters 2 years ago, one of which was absolutely disasterous aswell. I think it depends much more on the drivers' behaviour than anything else.

Quote from bogdani.cojocaru :Ey Dom, if I change my mind about the car choice before the start of the 1st PreQ, can I actually change it?

You can modify your sign-up up to the start of pre-qualifying, that's what the rules say.
I don't mind rolling starts. If I get crashed out of the race due to a divebomb at a standing start or due to a lag crash during the pace lap makes no difference to me
Updated the Rules to V2. The points system has been changed so that the numbers drop off more evenly after the first 16 places. Additionally, qualifying points have been removed, with only a the 5 points bonus for pole position remaining.
I just read it. Cool
Hi, What's the server name to practice?
Quote from ivan.f :Hi, What's the server name to practice?

Check the server list in LFS. Just remove all filters, sort by name and you should find "& GenR GT Challenge 1" and "& GenR GT Challenge 2".
In section "O. Official Classification and Championships" I don't see any info about team points - how many drivers score points for team.
Quote from Eclipsed :In section "O. Official Classification and Championships" I don't see any info about team points - how many drivers score points for team.

It is mentioned in Rule A.4, but I guess you're right, it should also be mentioned in Section O. I suppose a small update will be required to throw out some of the uncertainties.
Small update to adress the wording of some of the rules and also some problems (including the one mentioned above).
Updated rulebook to Version 5 (last updated 17.10.2014):

- Completely rewrote Section A: Minimum amount of confirmations needed by the confirmation deadline is 42 to have a split race. Server 1 will always be filled up as much as possible with a minimum of 16 cars having to be in Server 2 at all times.

- Merged Sections L (Red Flags) and P (Server Failure into the new Section L (Red Flags and Server Failure). Red Flags will no longer see full restarts when they can be restarted.
Updated rulebook to Version 6 (last updated 27.10.2014):

Pre-qualifying times have been change and pre-qualifying has been extended to 48 hours. It will start at 19:00 UTC on Thursday evening and end at 19:00 UTC on Saturday. All race sessions have also been put back by 1h on UTC times, which means that for most people in Central Europe the sessions will be at the same time as before!

If you're not sure you can always check: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG