The online racing simulator
Toshiba or ASUS Laptop, need a vote, fast.
So I need a new laptop, I can't decide between the ASUS X550CA 15.6 Laptop and the TOSHIBA Satellite L50-B-137 15.6 laptop. I am going to purchase one of these laptops tonight or tomorrow.

Toshiba has the bigger Hard Drive but the ASUS has had slightly better reviews...what do people think, should I buy the Toshiba or the ASUS? Both cost £380 and have the intel i5 processor.

Thanks,
Edward.
#2 - troy
Looks like the Asus one "only" runs with the ivy bridge i5 3337U while the Toshiba got the newer haswell 4200U processor. They are pretty similar on clock speed but the 4200U got the quicker internal GPU. If you're planning on gaming every now and then it may be worth going for the Toshiba.

That is just from a quick glance on the specs that I've found, you should double check if they really run different cpu's
Quote from troy :Looks like the Asus one "only" runs with the ivy bridge i5 3337U while the Toshiba got the newer haswell 4200U processor. They are pretty similar on clock speed but the 4200U got the quicker internal GPU. If you're planning on gaming every now and then it may be worth going for the Toshiba.

That is just from a quick glance on the specs that I've found, you should double check if they really run different cpu's

I will go for the Toshiba laptop, plus Toshiba seems to be the bigger brand name. Thank you for the help
#4 - jkat
I actually bought a Toshiba laptop last year but had to return it right away coz not starting at all.
When returning it would have needed to wait new one for a week so decided to go with similar price category and got a Sony Vaio.

Have been satisfied with the Vaio.

Both had i7 on them, 8Gb RAM, 2Gb graph card and 15.6 inch screen.

- jkat -
Asus - They make very good quality laptops. They have been making computer parts for years and years. I would trust an Asus over a Toshiba easily.

Toshiba or ASUS Laptop, need a vote, fast.
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG