The online racing simulator
Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
You bought an UF1?
More like half UF1...
Quote from Ian.H :Second car in a week... although this one will need a bit more TLC

Cheers..

Ian

Make a project thread!
Got rid of my 2008 Focus Titanium back in June as it cost too much to run! 32MPG, £175 road tax, other half just passed her driving test.

In it's place I got my first brand new car. A Ford Fiesta Titanium with the 1.0l EcoBoost engine in it. 2.5k miles in returning about 55mpg, also free road tax and £200 less to insure. So can't complain at all!

Even though it's a 1.0l engine, it's an impressive little unit, pulls more power than the old 1.6 Focus. Very nice car to sit in too - feels much bigger than it actually is and it's great for driving around the city in - those who have been to and driven in Newcastle will know what it's like! Putting it onto country roads is a laugh too!
Attached images
1924392_10154714450910054_5978960543730879480_n.jpg
Sold the Cosworth was a touch unreliable to say the least......Hopefully picking up another 90's super car up this weekend......Here's a couple of teaser pics.

Yes that is the genuine mileage backed up by a F.S.H.
What Lotus is that?
Looks like Omega/Carlton.
Wouldn't see me spending 30k on an L reg vauxhall
Quote from jonmrbean :Sold the Cosworth was a touch unreliable to say the least......Hopefully picking up another 90's super car up this weekend......Here's a couple of teaser pics.

Dear lord... 30k???

You could pick up so many better (more reliable, newer) cars for that money! Jesus fu**ing christ...

How about a nice 911, or an elise, or a vx220, or.... so many more choices. Why would you spend that money on an old overpowered saloon car??? Excuse my ignorance...
Quote from jibber :
Quote from jonmrbean :Sold the Cosworth was a touch unreliable to say the least......Hopefully picking up another 90's super car up this weekend......Here's a couple of teaser pics.

Dear lord... 30k???

You could pick up so many better (more reliable, newer) cars for that money! Jesus fu**ing christ...

How about a nice 911, or an elise, or a vx220, or.... so many more choices. Why would you spend that money on an old overpowered saloon car??? Excuse my ignorance...

Each to their own. Personally, I'd prefer that Carlton over a 911/Elise/VX220...
http://youtu.be/nKcuW7ynZWw

No new pictures. Just one video of an autocross at school. 50 degree weather + rain + 500 treadwear all-seasons = FUN.
For clarification, 50°F = 10°C
Quote from jibber :

Dear lord... 30k???

Oh dear. If I would have 30k to spend on car, I would not buy a newer car. Modern cars are just so boring.

I might buy a 911 tho, but a one that's way older than that Lotus.

Some people don't buy cars because they are reliable or have good figures on paper, but because they have passion for the cars they like to own.
^ Yes, i understand that actually.

I had a 944 turbo from 1990. I now own a car that is ten years old.

I would love to get another 944 turbo, but they cost almost 30k now (swiss francs), that is, if you can find one in good shape.

I paid 15k for mine seven years ago. So today it's double the price, with double the mileage... 30k for a 25 year old car. If i'd be rich i'd buy one again, but realistically i can get SO MUCH MORE car for 30k if i buy something that isn't unrealistically overpriced. And i'm talking swiss francs, 30k in british pounds is a lot more than that.

I mean come on... what is so special about that Lotus Carlton? It has a good ammount of power, nice handling(?), and...? Same as with the 944 turbo... you can get a lot more "car" for that money instead of an old Opel Omega with some power...

If it's your dream car and it'll make you happy like nothing else would, then it's probably worth it, but otherwise... complete waste of money IMHO.
Frankly, I'd take an Lotus Omega over a VX220 or Elise any day. Straight six up front seasoned with couple big turbos, manual box in the middle, rear wheel drive with a proper LSD in the back... textbook stuff for putting a huge smile on your face.

I owned an A-model Omega when I was 17 (to learn how to drive RWD during winter) and I can tell you they're VERY comfortable and quiet cars with predictable handling. Add lots of power on top of that and it's easily understandable why they're desireable even today.
Yeah that is all fine and dandy, until we get to the point of it costing 30k pounds. Would you agree that is a shitload of money?

I mean, it's an old 4door saloon, with a little over 5s 0-60... i mean, you can buy a golf R and that will be faster, probably handles better too, and is less than 30k new with 0 miles and warranty... or an S3, RS3? M3? So many options for less money, more reliable, faster, better handling... I just don't get why you would instead pay 30k for a 25 year old saloon? Unless like i say it's your dream car for some reason and will put a bigger smile on your face than anything else... but still, 30k for a 25 year old saloon... it's beyond my comprehension i guess.

For that money you could get a honda powered elise, or a Stage 4 VX... have you driven an elise with good power and decent suspension setup?? I am not sure you would take a lotus omega over that in direct comparison...

My VX cost way LESS than 30k, does 0-60 in 4.2s, 0-160 in roughly 15s. Has all upgrades you could wish for on that car (intercooler, oil cooler, watercooler, lotus abs, lotus seats, big brakes, better suspension, lighter wheels, etc, etc, etc.)... oh, and it had 26'000km when i bought it. Why would i want a 25 year old saloon that's slower (and costs a lot more) than a golf R instead?
Even though I agree that I would never buy that fancy Vauxhall Lotus thingy for 30k and that there are thousand of more interesting cars for that money, I also understand that is not all about numbers. These kind of cars are bought with the heart not with the head.
When you desire a certain type of car, price becomes nearly completely irrelevant. Some people spend 50-100K on classic american cars knowing full well that they're completely rubbish. They just want that kind of car and that's the end of that. Who are we to judge them?

Cars at their best are like love, rational thinking doesn't and shouldn't apply.

I spent a silly amount of money on a 20+ year old R32 GT-R without regrets, because it was a car that I had desired for almost a decade. Could I have gotten something much more modern and reliable with the same money? Obviously so, but I honestly didn't care. It was a chance that I took and as a result, had some of the best time in my life driving that old thing.

What comes to VX220/Elise, mid-engine cars don't generally have much interest to me. They're primarily designed to be driven straight and narrow, and the type of driving I enjoy the most is... let's say more of the playful sort.
I have always enjoyed the same type of driving. Trust me, i've never had a bigger smile on my face as in the VX, they can be playful, even with semi slicks. You should try one someday (or an elise). Grin from ear to ear is an understatement.

But yeah, i understand the flair of old cars... it's just... 30k, 4 door saloon... tuned OPEL OMEGA... 30k!!! LOL!

PS: The skyline makes sense to me. It's not a tuned Opel Omega... (really don't get what's so special about it besides the power) :P
LOL at some of these comments.
Its my money so I will buy whatever I like, thing is these cars will only go up in value as they are getting rarer & rarer in this condition. This wont be my daily drive as I have 2 other cars that are my daily drivers (2001 Accord Type R & 2002 Accord 2.0 SE). I have already done the Porsche thing having owned a 968 CS & I wont fit in a Lotus elise or a VX220 there too small. As for skylines meh I don't want to go drifting or streetracing.
Quote from jonmrbean :LOL at some of these comments.
Its my money so I will buy whatever I like, thing is these cars will only go up in value as they are getting rarer & rarer in this condition. This wont be my daily drive as I have 2 other cars that are my daily drivers (2001 Accord Type R & 2002 Accord 2.0 SE). I have already done the Porsche thing having owned a 968 CS & I wont fit in a Lotus elise or a VX220 there too small. As for skylines meh I don't want to go drifting or streetracing.

I remember your 968 CS! That was a nice car.

I just looked and the Lotus Carlton goes for 55'000 swiss francs here... with roughly the same miles as yours. I guess it's an investment indeed.

Have fun with the car!
Quote from jonmrbean :As for skylines meh I don't want to go drifting or streetracing.

Despite what everyone else thinks of or associates with these cars, a stock BNR32 is one classy piece. The same goes for other japanese sports cars, like NSX, Supra, RX-7. As time goes by more and more of these beauties will be abused and destroyed, so I guess their worth will increase very dramatically.
Back to LFS after a long stint.

Here's my cars (both abused on brands hatch too):

The backup reliable jap car: Suzuki ignis sport 1.5 vvti. It's not bad. 950kg and 110~bhp.

And the other car: BMW Z3 2.8. It's also not bad, feels pretty heavy for a small car though:

I decided it's about time to start driving a newer more reliable car now that i'm living on my own and everything.

i went out a bought a new 2015 Lancerr with AWD, it should be here next friday.

i'm quite excicted, and in my view it's a half decent car for someone who's only 19.
if you live in the uk then you know what i mean, every young person driving around in a new Corsa paid for by mummy and daddy.
Attached images
542eaa3ab9e33_120649441_2015_Mitsubishi_Lancer.jpg

Post your Car two
(2437 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG