The online racing simulator
Spread LFS Word
(5 posts, started )
#1 - GTS
Spread LFS Word
Hi LFS Racers,

First off thank you developers for a great racing sim, Im newly Licensed S2 but been racing in the demo version for 2yrs and noticed the servers in demo have dropped in numbers ( The reason Ive got a license, though I should have gotten one 2yrs ago the cars and tracks but mainly everyone drives fairly no crashers). In order to spread the LFS experience perhaps the LFS developers should run a dedicated server in demo to enable new racers to sample the LFS experience get them hooked and buy a license thus creating more revenue.
Speaking of revenue the signs in the game why dont you guys appoach Coke, Pepsi Macdonalds etc you get the drift ... and get them pay you for advertising. Doom 3 and Half Life 2 have done it... anyway just a sugguestion.

Cheers
..they have sponsors of plenty of companies such as:
ATL Racing Fuel Cells, Castrol Motor Oil, Petronas, BMW, Credit Suisse, Intel and Michelin

as for more content in demo.. this has come and gone hundreds and hundreds of time, and we doubt it will ever change (although some people do push to remove the XRGT and replace it with a slow open wheeler just for the sake of the demo to get used to the all around physics)
Vic has told me they have given up approaching companies. Fact is they don't want to give the 'little guy' the time of day. All the real world stuff within LFS has come because those companies have appraoched the devs.
Quote from GTS :In order to spread the LFS experience perhaps the LFS developers should run a dedicated server in demo to enable new racers to sample the LFS experience ...

I don't know where you've been but there are loads of demo servers running already, even demo leagues! I don't think another server would increase sales all that much tbh.

As for the advertising thingy - the devs just hooked up with BMW to include a Sauber F1 car in S2 and as a result there are BMW billboards (and ads from other Sauber sponsors) at some LFS tracks.

But I'm sure the devs will consider your business advice, as they consider advice from everyone who's had an S2 license since last week
#5 - GTS
Sugguestions Noted
Cheers racers I was running Version P there arent many demos there but now i understand where all the servers went to version U, Still glad got S2 license thou IT ROCKS !!!

Spread LFS Word
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG