The online racing simulator
Interested, but have a question
Hey guys -- I am HIGHLY interested after trying the demo in purchasing a S2 license, but is this sim dead? I remember promises of a Volkswagen, as well as a laser scanned Rockingham, but have not seen any updates in ages until DK2 arrived.

What's the deal with this sim? I love the feeling and am hoping to get some laps, but are we paying for something that is a little slow to develop?

EDIT -- Bought it anyway since I enjoyed it so much, but still interested in what the development situation is like. Thanks in advance!
It's still in development, but the Volkswagen Scirocco and Rockingham (UK version, not the American one incase anyone new here is confused :P) are delayed until tyre physics are finished being revamped. Some massive and/or fatal flaws were discovered in pre-public testing with the Scirocco and since December 2008, Scawen has been on the massive undertaking to rewrite the code.

Is LFS dead? Not quite, but it's not as active as it once was. You're paying for what already exists only, with the probability of future content etc, which can be released for any content level. I'm not sure how long the interest boost with the new DK2 support will last, but there is due sometime soon(ish) to be an update to the Westhill (S2 level content) circuit, which if being deployed in a favorable time could help boost LFS.

Others will offer their opinion, I'm sure...just know that it's not what it once was, but the people are what have left because LFS is "Stale" - although there has always been through that whole time the possibility (and actual happening!) of great racing.
Quote from dekojester :It's still in development, but the Volkswagen Scirocco and Rockingham (UK version, not the American one incase anyone new here is confused :P) are delayed until tyre physics are finished being revamped. Some massive and/or fatal flaws were discovered in pre-public testing with the Scirocco and since December 2008, Scawen has been on the massive undertaking to rewrite the code.

Is LFS dead? Not quite, but it's not as active as it once was. You're paying for what already exists only, with the probability of future content etc, which can be released for any content level. I'm not sure how long the interest boost with the new DK2 support will last, but there is due sometime soon(ish) to be an update to the Westhill (S2 level content) circuit, which if being deployed in a favorable time could help boost LFS.

Others will offer their opinion, I'm sure...just know that it's not what it once was, but the people are what have left because LFS is "Stale" - although there has always been through that whole time the possibility (and actual happening!) of great racing.

Wonderful information, thank you. I went ahead with it since I enjoyed the free version so much. I am interested to see where it's headed from here on out. Thanks again!
It's a work in progress.

I fully agree with Deko (if I don't, I get banned)

Seriously, it's right up there with the best in Sim Racing. With Occ Rift, Scrawen (God(Zeus)) has got re-interested, we've got a new forum (Victor, Demi God (Web Design)) and we're supposed to be getting new tracks, (Eric(another Demi God),well, no one ever speaks of (or to) Eric, some say he's similar to Hades(Greek God), others say he doesn't really exist, all we know is that he does track design)

There seems to be work going on, it (LFS) is up there with the best racing sims, we've all been hanging around for years only because we love using the program.

Have fun, see you on the track sometimes.
Welcome to the world of LFS!
Quote from Dennis93 :Welcome to the world of LFS!

Man, I dont regret it for a second! What I do regret is not getting this beast setup sooner! I am loving it!
Hi
-
(livespeedlive2) DELETED by Flame CZE : vob mods
-
(CarlLefrancois) DELETED by Flame CZE : vob mods

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG