The online racing simulator
SPOILER - XXXX wins at Hungary
(90 posts, started )
How does shuey get a point if he was a DNF?

Or was he the last DNF and so gets a point by default?

Jammy german.
Quote from Jakg :dont you just love the Fia?

i call them, FIAt
-
(Tigershark) DELETED by Tigershark
Jammy, Jammy German. If he didn't finish he didn't finish. Jammy Sod.
Quote :is it a Finnish thing?

As someone who can remember Keke Rosberg I can assure you not There's a Finn with an accent.

Quote :it was obvious Alonso did that to schumacher on purpose

Just remind me how many cars Schumacher overtook again?

Quote :You need to complete 90% of the winner's race distance.

I think, and will happily be corrected, that it's 75% distance to be classified for points? I'm not sure.

Quote :Or was he the last DNF and so gets a point by default?

Provided you have completed a certain distance (open to debate) you still maintain the position for the distance that you have covered. In Schumachers case he travelled the 9th furthest (I guess, seeing as he's now 8th).

The reason for the car being underweight was explained as being
attributable to excessive and unexpected tyre wear (and therefore weight
loss) arising through continued use of wet weather tyres in comparison to
the accustomed and anticipated rate of wear for dry tyres

Source: ITV

I wonder what Schumacher's car weighed with his somewhat worn tyres? But of course as a retirement his car did not go into Parc Ferme...
#55 - joen
Quote from Becky Rose :
I think, and will happily be corrected, that it's 75% distance to be classified for points? I'm not sure.

No, to be classified the driver needs to complete 90% of the distance completed by the winning driver.
However, if less than 75% of the race is completed by the winning driver (for example if a race is cancelled for whatever reason), places 1 through 8 will receive half the points they would receive when at least 75% would be completed.
Quote from Becky Rose :
The reason for the car being underweight was explained as being
attributable to excessive and unexpected tyre wear (and therefore weight
loss) arising through continued use of wet weather tyres in comparison to
the accustomed and anticipated rate of wear for dry tyres

Source: ITV

I wonder what Schumacher's car weighed with his somewhat worn tyres? But of course as a retirement his car did not go into Parc Ferme...

I bet you are right....
-
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Congratulations Button, such a shame Schumi threw it away, but it's easy to critisise from the outside. Poor Kimi too - he was doing pretty good at the time, although I don't think even he had the pace to beat Button today, though who knows. I'm pleased Alonso retired too - he needed to be brought down a peg or two as his ego was getting a bit big (maybe rightly so, but still).
Would have liked to see Schumi higher in the points to bring the gap down. But atleast we got to see Alonso not finish, which just never happens anymore.

Button did well, no mistakes. Perfect run really.
Quote from Tigershark :Nonsense, Schumacher's car was weighed.

Read FIA's full report of this weekend here: http://www.fia.com/resources/d ... F1_Official_Report_06.PDF

:talktohan

Ah, but was it weighed with the worn tires, or with other tires? It would be perfectly legal for them to change the tires, as he just stopped at his team, and not in Parc Ferme.
Awesome for Button!

Sucks again for Raikkonen. Taken out by a Torro Rosso 2nd time this season.
Now on that topic, what do you guys think about Liuzzi? You just don't brake or slow down that much right out of a turn when the track is slippery to let someone pass. That doesn't make any friggin sense. IMO he should be suspended for 1 race, if not more. At least be given some sort of penalty. That's dangerous driving IMO.
Kimi has not blamed him for the crash, it was a case of Luizzi getting out of the way for the blue flags and getting off the gas when he admitted he should not have. Kimi said he was looking in his mirrors to let De La Rosa past because his tires were crap and didn't see Luizzi moving out of the way for the blue flag.
#63 - MR_B
Quote from Blackout :I still want a hear some samples from your hated commentator

Well here's a quote:

"The people at home watching their TV's aren't technical people like me, and i'm not a technical person either" - ARGH

http://www.sniffpetrol.com/AllenCampaign2006_03.gif

many many more "Stop the Cock" bits in each issue.

"the big challenge for the designers in 2006 is to make the cars slippery for the straights but produce downforce for the corners" - WHAT?

"Nobody has been able to beat Schumacher, although Hakkinen gave him a run for his money" - I'm sorry, so was 1998 and half of 1999 seasons just happen in my head?? No of course not you ****
#64 - J.B.
If only you guys could listen to the German commentators, you would so beg to have James Allen back.

Examples from Jacques Schulz:

"And Asturias retires! The Créateur places his car in the wall!" - Trying to sound clever/funny/witty when Alonso retired.

He said "It's getting very dark here" about three times a lap in the closing stages of today's race because he was desperately hoping for rain, thinking this would help his beloved Schumacher even though he clearly had no tyre tread left.

"And Alonso once again seems to get all the Luck" - When MS retired. Yeah right, having his car fail in the lead is really lucky.

He never refers to MS by his name but always as "the world champion" or "the ex-world champion" depending on the situation. And I mean never. Incredibly annoying: "And the ex-world champion comes into the pits" etc.

When someone drives straight into the pit garage he always says "driving forwards into the garage is always a bad sign" as if he were sharing some kind of expert knowledge instead of just stating the obvious.

Maybe I'll add more when I think of them.

The only good thing I can say about him is that he at least sounds genuinely exited although he fails to hide what an appaling MS fanboi he is. And this guy is the better pay-TV commentator, the free TV-guy is even worse.
My quick thoughts from watching this entire GP:

-Rain was cool, really mixes things up
-Was hoping that Alonso would have troubles just so he and MS could at least have a really close race for the championship
-Poor Kimi =(
-Scott Speed is the biggest idiot of F1 this season for sure, and this GP proved it
-I applaud Schumi's efforts to stay in position in front of Pedro, but come on, trying so hard on those worn tires, just let him by! I almost wonder if this mechanical issue could have been avoided somehow (was it because of him cutting? Wasn't bumpy or anything...)
-Oh and Button was lucky
my congratulations to jenson, well done mate!

plenty more of that please!!!!!

and he wasnt lucky, see above....he drove a storming race, just check out his lap times........

i feel for kimi and alonso...both robbed.

once again the scumaster shows his true colours.
win at all costs, even if it means breaking the rules.
i hope next time he is going for a podium position the guy he tries to take runs him off the track.
wewll done to pedro and nick for 2nd and 3rd.

a cracking race to remember.
Quote :Now on that topic, what do you guys think about Liuzzi? You just don't brake or slow down that much right out of a turn when the track is slippery to let someone pass. That doesn't make any friggin sense. IMO he should be suspended for 1 race, if not more. At least be given some sort of penalty. That's dangerous driving IMO.

I think if he hand't moved out of the way we'd have seen this in the top left corner of the screen.

KimiWazuuup: MOVE MOVE MOVE
KimiWazuuup: BLUE FLAG BLUE FLAG BLUE FLAG
KimiWazuuup: MOVE MOVE MOVE
KimiWazuuup: f4ggot
Liuzzi was doing what he thought was right, he moved of the line and slowed. Can't blame him really. Kimi ran into the back of him because he wasn't looking, it's an accident.

Watched the highlights last night. And now people are talking about it, yes, James Allen is getting a bit big for his boots. I don't want sensasionlism, I want a race commentary that is informative and entertaining. What you get from Shouty Allen is just innane drivel. I did like the Honda guys commentary though. Technical enough and emotive too, nice and chatty without being stupid. Nice to hear what the 'other' side say about stuff.
Quote :I did like the Honda guys commentary though

And there is a statement that there might be some disagreement and there might also be a bit too much self interest and there.

and there.
Quote from Funnybear :Liuzzi was doing what he thought was right, he moved off the line and slowed.

AFAIK, he did not move off the line, he slowed down on the line. The only reason Kimi can't blame him for that accident is because he was looking at his mirrors to let Pedro pass. Liuzzi was on the left side of the track and I believe since the following turn is a right hander, the line is there and he should of been on the far right to slow down, not the far left.

Rofl @ Becky

Edit: Better yet! Let's make use of that TV card! There. See the picture? Good. The next turn is a right hander: it's the tight chicane, so it's right-left. See where Massa is? THAT is the line. To put his car at a "convenient" place to pass on that side of the track, Liuzzi would of needed 2 wheels on the grass. Anything less and he is partly on the racing line. The truth is that he should of braked about where Massa is on the picture and on the other side of the track. That would of been safe.
Attached images
Liuzziisdumb.jpg
http://nch138.eden2.netclusive.de/F1_2006/00_temp/01_ms.avi < Schumacher putting Nick onto the wet kerb thus ending his own race.

I can't believe that it looks like Schumacher is getting off with all that contact. Alonso nearly hit him while Schumacher was defending under blue flags. Schumacher ran into Fisi a few times by trying to defend too late and to top it off he hit Fisi's rear wheel breaking his own front wing off. He then went onto cut the chicane countless times and nearly took Pedro out when it looked like he was going to let him pass to counter out the advantage he gained.

How many people this year have been given penatly or lost there best time in qualifying for just ignoring blue flags? A lot.

Personally I don't think he deserves the point he gains from the BMW retiring. If he is going to get off with that I can't imagine what he'll do if it goes down to the wire. 97 anyone ...
Quote from Nick_ll :Edit: Better yet! Let's make use of that TV card! There. See the picture? Good. The next turn is a right hander: it's the tight chicane, so it's right-left. See where Massa is? THAT is the line. To put his car at a "convenient" place to pass on that side of the track, Liuzzi would of needed 2 wheels on the grass. Anything less and he is partly on the racing line. The truth is that he should of braked about where Massa is on the picture and on the other side of the track. That would of been safe.

Thats all fair enough. But with the speed differential between Liuzzi and the Mclarens they where probable on him quicker than even he had expected, he stayed on the outside because with the Mclarens coming at him so fast crossing across the racing line to get 'off' he could have caused even more damage. Would he be more at fault for violently swerving or for staying neutral where he is. He had two Cars in his rear view mirror, both considerable faster than him, and like Kimi said, he didn't see Liuzzi. If he did he would have moved. Liuzzi's move is obvious and non threatening, Kimi would have got past him perfectly if he and Del la Rosa wern't mucking around with each other.

-edit. Did anyone else actually find the coverage a little difficult to follow? Is was a little sproradic. It was almost as if they didn't have enough camera's to cover all the circuit. The director was flicking about all over the place.
-
You need to see the previous action to understand that Schumacher incident. The BMW was making a clean pass on Schumacher who was at least 4 seconds a lap off the pace, Schumacher ignored him and turned into the BMW forcing it on the curb...which ,as we saw earlier in the race with
Massa, you don't want to be on.

I think schumacher was thinking of getting points on Alonso, already knowing he was out of the race. But that backfired because he was too aggressive in defending his position and broke his car...so rather than settle for 4th or 5th he ends up a lucky 8th.
#74 - Vain
I didn't see the race and only read reviews of the race and some situations.
To my understanding what MS did there wasn't nice, but was it illegal? Did he make any move that he should have been punished for or was the problem rather that F1 cars can't overtake other F1 cars even if they're several seconds slower unless the pass happens in the pits?

Vain
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :Well, Pedro De La Rosa passed him at the chicane and Michael cut the corner in order to keep his position and continued to fight Pedro for position, so yeah he should've had a drive-through for that, but he retired a couple of laps later.

Personally I still think Schumacher deserves to get DQ'd and by the sounds of it drivers aren't all that happy with him after all that contact. I've been wandering if Fisi's crash was related to Schumacher hitting his front wing off his rear tyre as it was that corner of the car that forced him to spin.

Quote from Pedro in the press conference

Q: Sorry to go on about this, but the first time it seemed as if he backed off and realised he had taken an advantage and was going let you go and then decided he wasn’t after all?
PDLR:
That nearly cost me a crash. I overtook him and then he jumped the chicane, ok, he came back and he backed off and I went into turn eight on the inside just thinking he was giving position away like he should and he suddenly accelerated and so I jumped over the inside kerb and we just crashed wheels and I really didn’t understand it – it was interesting and that was that.

SPOILER - XXXX wins at Hungary
(90 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG