The online racing simulator
Driving help..
(5 posts, started )
Driving help..
Sorry im new to the game, but not in simracing.. I play gtr 2, gtr evo, raceroom, rfactor and simraceway..

the problem is I can't turn while braking, is it common like this in the game or there is some sort of settings?
after watching several videos on youtube it doesn't seem so..

I also downloaded and tried several setups for XFG..
Well, how bad it is? Do you just understeer a bit and lose some 1/10s to your record lap or do you regularly end up in the sand?
Press the 2-key to save a replay, then upload it here. (folder data\mpr or data\spr depending on multi or singleplayer)
Probally you simply brake too hard and too late and then still enter the turn too fast.
Front tyres can transfer only so much force on the road so as a general rule the more you brake the less you can turn. You might find braking to be much more challenging in LFS because the physics is not dumbed down in any way and there are very few driving aids. You might want to download a few hotlap replays from LFSWorld and compare them to your laps...
You can try XRG with ABS(need to change the setup in garage), or set "brake help" at Driver setting in game.
Hi, I'm new too,

Maybe you want to try some of my setup/setting,

Adjust the brake balance/bias, more rear a bit (still F > R), not too much front XFG is FWD,
reduce the steering maximum lock (if you get used with GTR 2/evo/raceroom try the value between 14 - 20, lower = understeer, higher = oversteer) and set controller wheel turns above 300 degree,
increase rear toe-in and widening the camber a little bit (F > R) for more stable rear after hard/quick turn at mid-high speed.

Don't brake hard when understeer, be careful when braking on bumpy surface at corner (adjust anti-roll, FWD: F </= R or F=0 R=0, RWD: F > R or R=0), then if the front tire is lock up please release the brake gently.

CMIIW

Driving help..
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG