The online racing simulator
LFS Rift Meet 2014
(69 posts, started )
LFS Rift Meet 2014
Hiya all

I have been working away for the last 10 months so haven't had time to arrange the annual Kart Meet this year, so apologies for that.

What I am hoping to do though is organise a meet at my place again, probably in September some time for a weekend. There would be no Karting but to replace that I will make sure I have my Oculus Rift DK2 by then and working in LFS! Also I am sure I will have plenty of other demo's and games working in the Rift for you to try.

If you are interested in coming, then please let me know. I will have to limit the number to 30 people though.

I will post more info and update this OP as I know it

Attending -

1. Turkey
2. Ferret
3. KayJay
4. Daniel
5. Rob
6. Martyn
7. Becky Rose
8. TVE
9. Adam
10. Brood
11. Tongey
#2 - OTone
Acee
I'll be there.

I'm slightly disappointed that I wont be adding to my trophy haul though.
I'm very keen (My availability will depend on the final choice of date tho.)
I've never yet made it to a karting meet at your place Jason (sob) but I seem to recall reading that you have quite a bit of space - so maybe more than one Rift setup could be obtained (to reduce the queueing ). Not sure how many ppl who are likely to make it actually have Rifts, of course.
It would be a blast to meet you guys agian and have a nice weekend off Count me in, but let's try to get a date as soon as possible so I can order a ticket
Becky - same as every year darling? And what airport should I chose this year?
Quote from The Very End :Becky - same as every year darling? And what airport should I chose this year?

I'm down with that, you even get a proper bed this year so you've somewhere comfortable to crash out after a night out at the gay bar.

Birmingham (59min)
East Midlands Airport [Castle Donington] (1h01min)
Luton (1h01min)
Stansted (1h21min)
Interested.
I've never been able to attend any of these events and have always been jealous of those who did!

If it is during a weekend i would definitely be interested!
#9 - _Rob_
I'm interested
where is it? is it possible to get there by bicycle?
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :where is it? is it possible to get there by bicycle?

It's in Wales, your best bet would be a plane from Schipol to Bristol and then get one of the other attendees to pick you up en route (not sure if regional Dutch airlines fly there but KLM, EasyJet and Lufthansa apparently do according to Google). You could also drive via the Chunnel which would take about 10 hours or so.
ok, how different is driving on the left side? if that isn't much different I might consider it (probably not though because I'm a lazy cnt)
Wales is not really a small country. I have a friend in Dwygyfylchi and if it´s not too far away I will try to find a way to get there in 2015.

This year i will not find the time to take part at your party.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :ok, how different is driving on the left side? if that isn't much different I might consider it (probably not though because I'm a lazy cnt)

Dual carriageways are fairly simple, but junctions are a mind bender until you get used to it.
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :o if that isn't much different I might consider it (probably not though because I'm a lazy cnt)

You are not even 18 yet
S2 licence?
-
(OTone) DELETED by OTone : meh, cba
Wow! Missed this post by over a month, didn't think it would be anything this year.

Would love to come but think it's a bit short notice...set a date and we'll see! :-*

Cheers mate!
Come ln Andreas, you'll make it Guess you have the same system in swe as here in nor, calling in sick a day or two
How does 26th September sound? I have my rift btw.
Sounds good. Let's confirm a date asap so I can order plane tickets as soon as possible
Under two weeks notice makes it extremely difficult to book time off, I would be in breach of contract technically. Whilst it's a fairly informal atmosphere here - I am a leader and should adhere to the rules.

If it must be, then it must be - but I would prefer August.
I know that island of yours is an hour(s) back but weeks didn't knew about that... You still in July Becky? How awesome
Nearly 3 weeks away Becky, and we are already past August, as Dave pointed out :P
Doh! Brain lapse, I meant "October" .. And yes, slightly over 2 weeks, I'll get it booked

LFS Rift Meet 2014
(69 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG