The online racing simulator
I cannot change my Web Password
(6 posts, started )
#1 - buedi
Now that we have a new site and I had to login again since years I thought it´s also time to change my password.
So I tried in the "Personal Details" section. I created a long and complex password (20 chars) and pasted it from my Password Manager into the 2 Web Password fields. After saving the change, the page claims that my passwords to not match. Copy & Pasting makes it pretty sure that they match.

Is 20 chars too long?
I had that problem a long time ago, but I think vic said it got fixed. Maybe not?
ah, try again now please.
#4 - buedi
Well... I tried again. This time I got no error message, but also no success message. So I logged off and tried to login with the new password (copy & paste from my PW manager). The site claims my password is incorrect. So I tried my old one. Does not work. Tried the new one again = 15 minute waiting time :-)

I also sent an E-Mail with the Web form about my problem, but now after the Password reset I can login again with the old one.

Is it possible that the login password field / script is not accepting enough characters?
20 characters should be fine.

Can you try once more? I've made some improvements.
erm, wait, you seem to have locked yourself out - you can try the login reset procedure if that is the case.
#6 - buedi
** Best answer **
Thank you very much Victor!
I tried it again now and after I change it I also get a message that the change was successful. After logging out and logging in again the new password works :-)

Thanks again and have a nice weekend!

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG