The online racing simulator
Quote from farcar :... as soon as they're caught red handed breaching the license agreement.

True.
Quote from sinbad :This company is lucky imo, based on what we're hearing, that Scawen is prepared to come to some agreement for licensing with them rather than go down the legal-action route.

I don't think many other people are using LFS commercially these days so it'd be shooting yourself in the foot a bit.
Well I thought I'd give this a go today (it finishes tomorrow), so did some practise laps with the default set until I was frequently running regularly in the 42s (best was 42.50 HLVC valid), with the intention of having a fair chances at recording the fastest time (currently 43.33 for customers, 43.08 for staff).

My only concern was how the different equipment would affect my driving (as I've struggled with this in the past). The brake pedal feels quite a lot different (very weighty), and the FFB is a little stonger than my G25 can muster, and had that been the only differences I'd like to think I'd have quickly adapted.

What I really struggled with was being thrown around; I found it very difficult to focus on the screen during transients, and even struggled to judge the attitude of the car during the long sweeper onto the final straight. This severly hampered my ability to place the car on corner entry, and thus my times suffered.

I had two goes (6 laps); clipped the wall and spun on two, two were 45 something, two were 44.4.

Still, netted me 7th place on the table. I'd have tried more if it didn't cost over £1.50 per lap!
It takes a bit of time to get used to it but it does get easier! I started off at 46s on my first go.

I spoke to Mike Simpson, Ginetta's works driver and publicity guy. Apparently they are going to set up at Trafford Centre after this one finishes and have plans for a few other malls around the country too eventually.

These trackdays can be also had from Ginetta directly for a fee if you contact them by email. Often at tracks like Blyton Park, Donington and Silverstone.

What you get is 3x15min sessions in their GRDC race/road car with an instructor (sometimes touring car drivers on their days off!) amongst a group of others. So it's a whole day event.

Just watching them going round Snet on Motors at the moment actually!
Final day over - winning time was 42.76...by yours truly! Hope Scawen got his dues, but it was a great comp that's opened my eyes to how good LFS really is.
#56 - troy
congrats, enjoy your ginetta ride.
Awesome, thanks troy!
Great work, I just couldn't cope with the disorientation and screen shake. If I could get a solid hour to practice I think I'd mostly get used to it but my pockets are not deep enough at those prices! Let us know how good the track day is.

It did at least get me to play LFS online for the first time in years though, if only for about an hour. Public racing is a shadow of its former self!
Thanks. Yes I'll come clean and say that I spent about £70 on this over the 3 months (4 trips)! But thinking I would have paid more for the trackday makes me feel better.

The comp was entertaining nonetheless! Perhaps in the future if I bought a wheel, pedals and a seat, I would get online with LFS.
Quote from choupolo :Thanks. Yes I'll come clean and say that I spent about £70 on this over the 3 months (4 trips)! But thinking I would have paid more for the trackday makes me feel better.

Seems racing is always about money
Well if you won it was worth it. But I was wondering how many people might spend large-ish amount of cash and not realize they could just buy the game for home use.
Quote from choupolo :It takes a bit of time to get used to it but it does get easier! I started off at 46s on my first go.

I spoke to Mike Simpson, Ginetta's works driver and publicity guy. Apparently they are going to set up at Trafford Centre after this one finishes and have plans for a few other malls around the country too eventually.

There is two nice shopping centres near me, 30mins away, hope they pick one in Norfolk

@Scawen - They should of taken a leaf out of our stand at the MPH Show...that's how your promote LFS at a trade stand

Fordie
Mmmm Trafford Centre ain't so far from me, Keeping my eyes open & ears to the ground
I really feel the need to post this info for you UK people.........
http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/add ... es/gamblingaddiction.aspx

There is only one winner in a competition, and how much dosh has Scavier earned from this awesome setup. ?

The idea's great, LFS works really well with full motion and Occ Rift ( not shown here ).

Why not get this out to the Great Unwashed Masses as LFS, rather than by a co that has to be reminded to pay licensing.

Geraldine, looking at you as the voice of nagging !
(ROFL, this is my partners job for my co, no offence intended ! )
Quote from Racer X NZ :I really feel the need to post this info for you UK people.........

There is only one winner in a competition, and how much dosh has Scavier earned from this awesome setup. ?

The idea's great, LFS works really well with full motion and Occ Rift ( not shown here ).

Why not get this out to the Great Unwashed Masses as LFS, rather than by a co that has to be reminded to pay licensing.

Haha, yes the above link has applied to me on a number on occasions!

It would be great to have LFS set up on motion/VR rigs around the country (under the LFS banner). Unfortunately 'arcades' in the UK have all but disappeared, they used to be really popular at malls not that long ago. But now you only see Outrun and Time Crisis at bowling alleys.

LFS needs to champion an arcade revival! (even though it's a sim...)
It might be worth plotting those licensed for commercial use on a map with some details, so we can see what's near us to try out.
Congratulations Choupolo. The track day was easily worth the £70 pounds you paid. (Probably the fuel you used over the 4 trips too). I like the thought that you had ~14 goes to win the prize, great determination there!

Enjoy it and once you're done, get yourself online for some racing!
Quote from mbutcher :Congratulations Choupolo. The track day was easily worth the £70 pounds you paid. (Probably the fuel you used over the 4 trips too). I like the thought that you had ~14 goes to win the prize, great determination there!

Enjoy it and once you're done, get yourself online for some racing!

Thanks! I forgot to give credit to you guys. You were also really helpful, gave me a target to aim for. Managed to get my best time on my 12th go. So could've saved a tenner! :P

Also just so you know it required taking the chicane flat in 4th! Someone here said a 42.1 was possible, and I think it probably was - just not by me. My best would've been a 42.5 but would've required another £50 I suspect!
Quote from Racer X NZ :I really feel the need to post this info for you UK people.........

Imagine the revenue...
This is a great idea and hopefully might make it state-side someday which if it does, I'll enter it! On another note... I totally thought this was hilarious and couldn't resist.

Quote from Bob Smith :"I will return with my camera and post up some photos..."
___Attached ___

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG