The online racing simulator
LFS z28 + LFSTWEAK crash - D3D8.dll
Hi all having a problem with my z28 install since upgrading to windows 8.1 x64 from win 8.0 x64.
LFS works fine but as soon as i use lfstweak the game crashes, here is the details:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: LFS.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4b0bf605
Fault Module Name: d3d8.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.3.9600.16384
Fault Module Timestamp: 52158c3f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0005b1ad
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: cd1d
Additional Information 2: cd1d258c1b4823adc6b7bda47ced280b
Additional Information 3: 3056
Additional Information 4: 3056b7bd8439af82cdceb97e6554f352

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=280262

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

any help is appreciated, i think i have a graphics mod installed, but i cant remember
lfstweak requires the full version of the game.
#3 - kdo
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :lfstweak requires the full version of the game.

And it is not official. So it's possible that it crash on your pc without any reason.
Quote from kdo :And it is not official. So it's possible that it crash on your pc without any reason.

Very likely since windows 8.1 changed to wddm 1.2
Anyone here running 8.1?
#5 - nacim
I have Windows 8.1 x64, and LFS 0.6F works like a charm on it. I suggest you to update your LFS and download the lastest version of LFS Tweak for 0.6F (easily findable on Google)

[Sorry for my bad English]
Try to remove d3d8.dll (it is only need to run "graphics mod" [ENB Series]) from your LFS main directory.
Quote from Draggo :Try to remove d3d8.dll (it is only need to run "graphics mod" [ENB Series]) from your LFS main directory.

tried that draggo but it still crashes
#8 - nacim
I just have a question, why don't you update your game ? It will be more stable, more functionnality, more optimised and have better graphical quality that Z28. And LFS tweak exists for 0.6F.
Quote from nacim :I just have a question, why don't you update your game ? It will be more stable, more functionnality, more optimised and have better graphical quality that Z28. And LFS tweak exists for 0.6F.

because at the moment all my car mods are on z28 and i cannot be bothered porting every single one across
Still crashing :(
so i removed the d3d8.dll files, and it still crashes
found it i get the exact same error anytime i try change the screen resolution in live for speed without lfstweak open
Yeah, as you want. I don't like car/tracks mods on LFS, I think it ruins the game. But whatever, try to reinstall you LFS/LFS Tweak and launch both as administrator, it could help.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG