The online racing simulator
DK2: Low Persistence = very dark screen
I have been playing LFS now for a while since I got my DK2 (it is really amazing, cant wait for other race sims to catch up)

Ive just broke the 1:20 on the blackwood track with the FBM, great feeling even if everyone else is doing it way faster than me.

the thing is with low persistence ON, the screen is very dark compared to LP OFF (its like 5:30am in the winter compared to 13:00pm in summer), I have noted this is a few demos now

I understand that it needs to be done to have LP but is there a way to bump up the colour with LP on?
I've not had that issue but maybe our expectations are different. Are you having a hard time seeing things? Or is it just darker than you'd like?
Quote from Yonkers :I've not had that issue but maybe our expectations are different. Are you having a hard time seeing things? Or is it just darker than you'd like?

You have that "issue" just like everyone else.

I don't think Oculus has mentioned the exact numbers but low persistence works by displaying each frame about 2-3ms and then switching the pixels off until the next frame.

So effectively, this means that at 75Hz you get about 10.3-11.3ms of complete darkness every frame. Your screen is black 77-85% of the time, which explains the lost brightness. It also requires a high refresh rate and 75Hz is probably close to the minimum. At 60Hz you would see strobing.

CV1 will have a 90Hz refresh rate which will bring those numbers down a little and should help with the lost brightness. This bothers me as well but I'd still pick the smoothness of low persistence over brightness any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
I'm not saying Low Persistence isn't darker. I guess my point of saying I don't have an 'issue' is that I don't think it's 'very dark' and am not having a problem seeing stuff.
No it's not problematic as far as having actual gameplay consequences but the lost brightness is pretty spectacular.

You can toggle it on and off in the LFS options. Try it and see for yourself.

I like to pretend I'm wearing shades.
it's very bright with it off

on it goes dimmer but it's very nice on the eyes, leave it that way you'll get use to it

I used nvidia 3d vision monitors previously they are dimmer due to shuttering glasses so I'm use to it

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG