The online racing simulator
Additional OutSim / OutGauge Data?
From what I understand, neither OutSim or OutGauge provide a current lap number, lap distance percentage or SteeringNm.

We're working on next gen motion platforms and one of the things we're doing is automatically logging telemetry both for analysis purposes, but also for the automatic generation of motion profiles, SimVibe tactile feedback profiles and AccuForce wheel profiles. If this is of interest to anyone, my ramblings can be found here:

http://simxperience.com/Commun ... try-Logging-Analysis.aspx

http://simxperience.com/Commun ... ion-SimVibe-Settings.aspx

Long story short, I'm wondering if it might be possible to get add a few pieces of data to the end of the OutSim or OutGauge structs to help to bring this API more inline with rFactor, GSC and iRacing? If so, this would help us to make LFS a first class citizen in our upcoming products.

Also, I'm open to alternatives, but much prefer not to have to find in memory values every time an update is released if I can avoid it.
You can get lap number and (sort of) lap distance percentage from InSim MCI packets.
The node values in InSim would probably be pretty good for lap percentage actually. IIRC they were generated by driving the track and logging position every 0.2s. They can be a bit out in places due to cars' different acceleration/braking performance though.
When I was working on one of my OutSim projects, I don't remember there being a value specific for lap completion or distance travelled. To get distance traveled:

1) I found the time interval between two packets by subtracting their time signatures (they were in m/s iirc). The problem here is that the time interval between packets was not constant.
2) Multiplied this time interval by the speed of the car to get a distance travelled for this time.
3) Added all these distances in Step 2 together.

The time interval is pretty small (can be from 10 - 20m/s) and therefore provided accurate distances.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG