The online racing simulator
S2 License status lost
(4 posts, started )
S2 License status lost
Hi All,

Very new to LFS but an avid racer on another online game. I am having an issue where I start LFS and it has lost my license status. It starts in demo mode.

At first I thought it was tied to the 6F upgrade, but after updating and unlocking it happened again when I fired it up today. Actually it started with the correct license status but my monitor config was incorrect, so I exited, corrected and restarted. Bam! Demo mode.

I burned through my two weekly unlocks dealing with this and have one left (what a crazy frustrating copy protection scheme but that is for another day) so don't want to use it without knowing what the issue is.

What gives?

Thanks,
Shrubby
Quote from Shrubby :Hi All,

Very new to LFS but an avid racer on another online game. I am having an issue where I start LFS and it has lost my license status. It starts in demo mode.

At first I thought it was tied to the 6F upgrade, but after updating and unlocking it happened again when I fired it up today. Actually it started with the correct license status but my monitor config was incorrect, so I exited, corrected and restarted. Bam! Demo mode.

I burned through my two weekly unlocks dealing with this and have one left (what a crazy frustrating copy protection scheme but that is for another day) so don't want to use it without knowing what the issue is.

What gives?

Thanks,
Shrubby

Where did you install LFS and is the LFS directory listed as "Read Only"?
Thanks for your reply rosewood2,

I installed it on my applications drive E. (E:\Games\LFS) The folder does not appear to be read only and if I delete card_cfg.txt the app is able to successfully recreate it.

The only thing I do that I can think of that may be a little unusual is move my user folders (documents, music, videos, etc.) from c:\users\<login>\documents to D:\<login>\documents etc. by rt clicking them and choosing 'location'.

I did try setting the folder as writeable anyway but it did not seem to help. Although its probably not a valid test without using another unlock...
My only suggestion is to unlock the game, close it, and then reboot the computer. This worked for me when I had a similar problem many years ago.

I also moved my user folders location, but LFS does not write anything there.

S2 License status lost
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG