The online racing simulator
Is there one Software to watch older Replays?
Hi Racers!

I have hundreds of old s1 and s2 replays from 2004 till 2008 and I don´t want to install every single LFS Version only to search for some highlight races.

In addition I remember that it was tricky to unlock some older LFS versions, because servers have changed.

Is there in the meantime one REPLAY-Software to watch them?
That's actually a good suggestion - specific independant software to watch only replays without any gameplay modes. It could automatically detect version of LFS and load physics and tracks accordingly. Could be a good showcase software to show anyone how LFS racing looks.
I believe I asked for something similar 9 years ago, just for back in the date current mprs. Back then, I was a demo user and wanted to watch the ESL races somehow legally. And I still like the idea, so I like yours.
#4 - Mysho
AFAIK there is no such a software, but I would gladly use it if there was, too.
AFAIK, Lfs is the only software to run MPR and SPR files.
Quote from GrandlHuber :Hi Racers!

I have hundreds of old s1 and s2 replays from 2004 till 2008 and I don´t want to install every single LFS Version only to search for some highlight races.

In addition I remember that it was tricky to unlock some older LFS versions, because servers have changed.

Is there in the meantime one REPLAY-Software to watch them?

i'be suggestes this 6 years ago https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=48066
You would probably need every iteration of the physics model and every car and track ever created, all compiled into one binary that conditionally applies these items based upon the detected version of the GST/SPR/MPR.

Who is to say Scawen still has all the old code and content saved somewhere? To say nothing of his willingness to take on such a project in lieu of further development on LFS.
In my opinion, we only need all old (maybe to replay only -slimed) LFS-Versions, an UNIVERSAL ALL in ONE LFS-oldVersion-unlocker and a Software that sorts out, which Replay belongs to which LFS-Version to start it.

So why should it be impossible for someone else than Scavier.

Quote from Forbin :Who is to say Scawen still has all the old code and content saved somewhere?

I´m shure Scawen or Anybody else has saved the most of it somewhere. But that wouldn´t be the problem if my thought isn´t wrong.
1st rule when you develop something is to have back up in case of of a mistake and also in several places, so yeah scawen probably have that somewhere.
Just a little offtopic:
At the moment, i try to unlock LFS 0.5S and 0.5Q, but it seems to be impossible for me.

Are these versions somewhere to download, which are modified to be able to unlock?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG