The online racing simulator
Blackwood Change
(38 posts, started )
#1 - aoun
Blackwood Change
Not exactly a change, but a new variation. And no, im not talking about the chicane, thats one of my fav turns just how you have to take it is great .. lol anyways..

but like i would love to see the normal track take a new turn into a different area. The track is fast and flowing, and i think somewhere say turn 5 could take a left to another place and end up in turn 7 (2nd last turn)..

Yea, you know what im saying..
#2 - wark
It already does...? Anyway, you'd really rather Eric spent his time on that? I can't imagine that new configs out of nowhere with practically no details are really useful suggestions. I'm sure it's not as easy as it may seem...
Tracks are tracks. Either race them or don't. The whole point of a track is that it is what it is. With all it's faults, plus points and naked girls . . . Or is that just in my trailor?
Quite frankly, Blackwood is my favorite track. Always has been. I think adding a new variation will ruin the club feeling it has. I still want to see the overhanging trees make a comeback along the Cromo Tyres bridge straight. Little more "small time" feeling, which I like.

Blackwood is what it is. It's LFS his (her? :P) track imo. It has very much character, so please don't change anything.
#6 - Lible
Well, blackwood was completely redone in S2, so I don't think a new config will be something ugly.

Ok, I have two configs in mind, the first three pics are long config and the last one is just a little change, not very realistic.
Attached images
pikk1.jpg
pikk2.jpg
pikk3.jpg
sillaga.jpg
i hope your kidding that first bridge is like a freeway going through, blackwood feels like a proper circuit so the last thing IMO they should do is join it up with some normal roads

and that last one is a pedestrian footbridge!!!
#8 - aoun
Nah man i didnt mean it like that. And how in the world would it look ugly? Blackwood is also one of my fav tracks, and im not saying change it, im saying ADD on a new variation, its just a suggestion..

" I think adding a new variation will ruin the club feeling it has. I still want to see the overhanging trees make a comeback along the Cromo Tyres bridge straight. Little more "small time" feeling, which I like."

LOL cmon mate!!! Do you really feel all those lapping? Thats pretty cool.. I do around the city but thats it .

Im telling ya, this would be pretty hard to make seeing how theres a hill, but another suggestion, either go up the hill, or through it (Tunnel)

The black variation i perfer over the blue, but just giving quick examples on what it could look like..
Attached images
blackwoodrevamped.jpg
No track discussion allowed without (not even mentioning the 'ring) me:
Attached images
blackwood_redone.jpg
Hey, that Blackwood International layout is SICK! I'd keep the inner section after Castrol though... Too many straights and you lose some racing.
#11 - aoun
thats the stuff i ment hyper, good job!, btw GT is mine :P
Quote from aoun :thats the stuff i ment hyper, good job!, btw GT is mine :P

Heh, I noticed too that we have quite similar GT layouts

But to be honest, I don't believe that we see a new config for Blackwood simply because it is the demo track as well. Also I would prefer new tracks instead of just more configs.
#13 - joen
A new Blackwood config could be restricted to S2 only ofcourse. But I don't think we will see another BW config. I'd like one though. I really like BW, but I wish there would be a longer version to better accommodate some of the faster cars. I like that international config.
#14 - aoun
Yea i just realised that BW is the main track for the Demo, so i guess another layout would be pretty stupid, ah well.. mainly hoping to see a track with a tunnel .
Hypers blackwood gt track looks really fun. I think it would be a lot better for the faster cars.
If we ever do get another BL config, then I hope the chicane isn't part of it, purely because it would make for good racing on the reversed config. (Also it's the most stupidly placed and dangerous "safety chicane" ever. )
Quote from Hyperactive :No track discussion allowed without (not even mentioning the 'ring) me:

niiice.....
I would love to see a BL Classic config with the old pit lane and parking area at the end of the pitlane but without the bad dip on the straight.
Quote : I wish there would be a longer version to better accommodate some of the faster cars

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
#20 - joen
Way to go making a point.
Sinbad has a good point. If there was just a way we could remove those barriers it would improve racing both ways especially rev making it a good place to overtake and test ur braking skills.
#22 - Gunn
The chicane works great in the reversed direction. I hope it is never changed.
I like the sort of "clubby" feel of Blackwood. Reminds me of some older tracks here and in the UK with its elevation changes and the way it follows the natural lie of the land (I realise it's all made-up but it's testment to Eric's skill that it feels like it was just carved out of the natural landscape and not cut from cardboard and slapped on a flat plane like a bloody Tilke track).

Like Hyper, I think I would also prefer to see new tracks to more new configs :up:
Quote from Hankstar :Like Hyper, I think I would also prefer to see new tracks to more new configs :up:

Same here
#25 - aoun
Yea so would i! . But i want to see some more bl configs :P.

Blackwood Change
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG